What to do with luggage(Vancouver)?

jvalentine

Hi all,

We will be disembarking in Vancouver off of the Noordam early in the day and then taking the evening Amtrak train back to Seattle for a super late flight out of Seatac. Is there a place to check our bags while we are out exploring Vancouver before the train ride back to Seattle?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

We will be disembarking in Vancouver off of the Noordam early in the day and then taking the evening Amtrak train back to Seattle for a super late flight out of Seatac. Is there a place to check our bags while we are out exploring Vancouver before the train ride back to Seattle?

Thanks in advance!

We always take our luggage to Pacific Central Station and store it there. Then we go off and do our thing. Unless the price has gone up, it is $4 per piece.

You can check it at Canada Place - it's located by the car rental kiosks - you just have to be back to claim it by 4PM or you could go upstairs to the Pan Pacific and the bell hops will be more than happy to store it for you.

Going all the way to Pacific Central station and back is a waste of valuable time that you could use for seeing more of our great city.

Cheers!

Dennis

Depending where in town you are going, heading straight for the railway station can be a very viable option - e.g. if you were spending time on Granville Island & Athlete's Village, hitting the museums on the south side of False Creek and making use of the little ferries it's ideal. But luggage storage is run by VIA not Amtrak, and their hours have been cut back quite a lot and are now based around Canadian train services running that day - sometimes they open too late, other times close to early to be useful for Amtrak passengers.

Details of times/days are here on the VIA webpage for the station - but as Dennis mentioned above, storing at the pier is available every day a ship's in port until 4pm. That's pretty much the ideal time to be collecting your bags so you can make it to Pac Central the required one hour before departure of the Amtrak evening service.

Going all the way to Pacific Central station and back is a waste of valuable time that you could use for seeing more of our great city.

Cheers!

Dennis

We spend our time at Granville Island, so easy to do from the station! So, where you store your luggage depends on where you want to spend your time.

To the OP: You will want to be at the station no later than 4:15 or so if you want to get "water side" seats. People start lining up under the clock around 4pm.

Just for the fun of it I have phoned CDS Luggage Services (which is part of Priority Baggage Services) at Canada Place. They are operating at Canada Place this year from 0700 to 1600 on days there are ships at the terminal and their rate is $7 for a carry-on size bag and $8 for a larger bag. I am inclined to agree with UT and take my luggage to the bell desk at the Pan Pacific which forms part of Canada Place or the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel which is just across the street and give them a nice tip to hold my luggage in their lock up.

While not germane to this thread but has been asked on others the rate to transfer luggage out to YVR is a flat $40 including check for up to 4 bags, additional bags with be checked and transferred at the rate of $10 each.

Depending where in town you are going, heading straight for the railway station can be a very viable option - e.g. if you were spending time on Granville Island & Athlete's Village, hitting the museums on the south side of False Creek and making use of the little ferries it's ideal. But luggage storage is run by VIA not Amtrak, and their hours have been cut back quite a lot and are now based around Canadian train services running that day - sometimes they open too late, other times close to early to be useful for Amtrak passengers.

Details of times/days are here on the VIA webpage for the station - but as Dennis mentioned above, storing at the pier is available every day a ship's in port until 4pm. That's pretty much the ideal time to be collecting your bags so you can make it to Pac Central the required one hour before departure of the Amtrak evening service.

Well that sure puts a damper on our plans! We used the VIA service last May. Oh well, we don't need to worry about it until September 2016.

• 1 year later...

Question, can anyone share their experience with storing luggage at Pacific Central Station in Vancouver. We come into Vancouver in October from our Hawaiian cruise and the storage area in the cruise terminal closes for the season in September. We are on the Amtrak at 5pm. I really don't want to sit in the train station from 10 am till train leaves. I have read that the train station storage is open for only a short period of time and only when VIA trains are running. Your help is appreciated.

Question, can anyone share their experience with storing luggage at Pacific Central Station in Vancouver. We come into Vancouver in October from our Hawaiian cruise and the storage area in the cruise terminal closes for the season in September. We are on the Amtrak at 5pm. I really don't want to sit in the train station from 10 am till train leaves. I have read that the train station storage is open for only a short period of time and only when VIA trains are running. Your help is appreciated.

I just contacted Canada Place at 604-683-3696. They said to call them back in about a week for my date of 9/27. So they might know then about your October date.

I agree, the Pacific Central Station storage hours do not work with a cruise and the Cascades. I have been told from people who have done this, that you can drop your luggage off at the Pan Pacific and they will take it for a tip.