What size inflatable tub for 19 month old?

mobu2015

So I've been reading a lot on this board and getting some great ideas for our upcoming cruise. We've cruised a good amount but this will be our toddler's first cruise. I saw a great idea on here to bring an inflatable tub for use on the balcony or on the pool deck. Unfortunately, when I did a search I could only find photos of younger babies/infants in a couple of different kinds of tubs. One was the infamous duck tub and the other most common was a white tub with little green turtles or frogs on it. My son is approx 33in tall and maybe 28lbs. Are there any suitable inflatable tubs for him to splash around in? He is ok with showers so we won't need it for an actual bath just to sit and splash in since we will be on NCL and toddlers in swim diapers are not permitted in the splash zones.

If he's ok with showers, I wouldn't bother...simply don't take him to the pool deck! He'll have ample opportunity to play in the water at all ports...beaches are NOT off-limits!

Thanks for your reply! We are heading to Bermuda for 3 days. We aren't really beach people but do plan on spending one morning at the beach weather permitting. We have some other kid friendly activities planned while there. Also the itinerary has 3 days at sea so aside from parent accompanied time at the kids club we would love to have something else for him to do. We will have a balcony so even spending half an hour out there splashing around could be fun for him. Plus, we live less than 30 minutes from port, so we won't have any flight luggage restrictions.

Anything bigger than the duck tub could be a pain to blow up/fill with water/dump the water/store somewhere. You're not allowed to leave anything on your deck, so you have to either take all the air out each time or store the blown-up tub (which we put in the shower where it fit nicely).

I would think the duck tub + a plastic cup or two and he can have some splash fun.

Best,

Mia

Anything bigger than the duck tub could be a pain to blow up/fill with water/dump the water/store somewhere. You're not allowed to leave anything on your deck' date=' so you have to either take all the air out each time or store the blown-up tub (which we put in the shower where it fit nicely).

I would think the duck tub + a plastic cup or two and he can have some splash fun.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Do you think the duck tub is large enough? I tried looking for inside dimensions and there are conflicting measurements.

I have the duck one and I have deliberately gone out and bought a bigger one to take for our 18 month old (who is 35 pounds). She can just about sit in the duck and thats all - as she can't go in the pools I wanted something she can sit in and play with toys in but there is only room for her in the duck! It isn't taking up too much room in her case - just started packing though, might change my mind on that one!

Do you think the duck tub is large enough? I tried looking for inside dimensions and there are conflicting measurements.

I'm sure he'll be OK splashing in a duck tub.

It's just for a bit of water play and he won't be trying to swim.

For what it's worth, I kept my baby bath for years after my babies were children.

I found it very useful in summer, as my two school-aged boys went through a spell where one or other of them seemed to have a broken arm, summer after summer. We would half-fill the baby bath and put it on the back lawn.

Although the boys were obviously too big for it, they had a lot of fun sitting in it (with plastered arm secured in a plastic bag) and splashing around. Since they couldn't swim, it was one way they could cool off in the summer.

Edited by celle