Carb info. for diabetic

BLAMBKY

(Type 1 diabetic) Who would I ask to get the carb information on MDR menu items? Would I ask the head waiter? Maître d? My husband has been using an online app on his phone but that will not be available on the ship? I started thinking about it and there must be a way to get this information.

Edited by BLAMBKY

I was on two cruises in april and was not able to get any carb information. when I felt I couldn't meet the carbs I needed I would ask my waiter for a side

of potatoes. every meal wasn't perfect but I was able to keep my blood sugars fairly stable the whole trip.

I was on two cruises in april and was not able to get any carb information. when I felt I couldn't meet the carbs I needed I would ask my waiter for a side

of potatoes. every meal wasn't perfect but I was able to keep my blood sugars fairly stable the whole trip.

Wow, thanks for letting me know. This surprises me, since each plate is proportioned, I thought for sure it would be necessary to find out who to ask. [emoji20]

My experience on our last cruise with our Type 1 DD, we were NOT able to get any carb information. We carried the Calorie King book with us, for the most part, she would eat the same foods so we were comfortable knowing the average carb count for most items