Taku Hovercraft from Juneau

dee2673

I think that excursion is new this year - I remember reading something about it being a start-up by a well-known Juneau vendor in a travel article I recently received from the Juneau Visitor's Bureau. Perhaps no one has been on the excursion yet, but as the previous poster stated, can't hurt to ask on the Alaska boards.

I searched on Ports and not any answers there. Then I Googled it and found cruise lines advertising it as an excursion but then again not any comments from those who participated. Sounds interesting though. Cruises to Alaska have only been sailing since beginning of May. Should be someone reporting soon unless it is running yet. Sorry.

The excursion is being offered by Allen Marine - a very well respected Juneau (and other AK ports) tour operator. These are the same folks (one of 2 operators for the TA trip, along w/a company called Adventure Bound) that run the Tracy Arm excursion in Juneau. I'm sure it will be a well run operation, and after reading the highlights in the Juneau Visitor's Bureau article, it sounds like fun! But yes, 2015 IS the first year it is being offered, so OP may get few if any reviews of it this early in the AK cruise season.