On Magic Now! Is Carnival Card Worth It

jtwanabe

Went to the seminar on how to get your best price. Twas okay. There was some push to get a CCL credit card. I'm really conservative about credit cards. Only have one. Still it seems, I say it seems, that a CCL card might be a good way knock off $100 or so on a cruise.

Any sage advice oh wise ones. :)

JT

Edited by jtwanabe

We like ours. It's a nice way to earn OBC or money off your cruise. We use it for gas or other expenses. The points add up fast. The interest rate is high, but I have auto pay set up so that works for us.

Went to the seminar on how to get your best price. Twas okay. There was some push to get a CCL credit card. I'm really conservative about credit cards. Only have one. Still it seems, I say it seems, that a CCL card might be a good way knock off $100 or so on a cruise.

Any sage advice oh wise ones. :)

JT

I keep one but only use it on Fathers day. If tradition holds, on Fathers day they will offer a 10% off on all Carnival gift cards and if you have a Carnival credit card you get an additional 10%. I max that thing out (only $2,000 limit) and get $400 of free money.

I always pay my cards off every month, and therefore

never pay interest. Does the Carnival Card work that way?

Yes, you can do it through the webpage, or through an iPhone app. Very easy. I have mine set to auto-pay the balance on the card monthly so I don't pay interest either. It's quite nice.

It also has free FICO monitoring :) which is a nice perk.

We found other cards had a better rewards system, and you can use your points for carnival gift cards. Had enough points to get $600 in carnival cards to use towards our next cruise! If you are going to consider getting another credit card, just research the rewards on a few before choosing!

I keep one but only use it on Fathers day. If tradition holds, on Fathers day they will offer a 10% off on all Carnival gift cards and if you have a Carnival credit card you get an additional 10%. I max that thing out (only $2,000 limit) and get $400 of free money.

Where do you get the gift cards?

Yes, you can do it through the webpage, or through an iPhone app. Very easy. I have mine set to auto-pay the balance on the card monthly so I don't pay interest either. It's quite nice.

It also has free FICO monitoring :) which is a nice perk.

Thanks! :)

I always pay my cards off every month, and therefore

never pay interest. Does the Carnival Card work that way?

We have had the "Carnival Card" for a couple years, also use it for almost all our daily purchases and bills and just pay it off monthly to avoid interest fees. Have used it for onboard credit a couple times in the past, but finally just let the points ride until our next cruise in Sept. out of San Juan, Puerto Rico on the Liberty it is costing us $0 for the cruise fare and prepaid tips. Switched cards from the Barclay "Carnival Card" to the Barclay "Arrival Card" which earns 2% on all purchases and has multipliers with certain businesses for added points. It does have an annual fee but more than makes up for it with sign-on bonus points and the 2%. Points can be used for any travel purchases from cruises to airfare to hotel stays. Already covered our airfare for this upcoming cruise and working on 2 night stay in Old San Juan pre-cruise, other than excursions and spending money, this cruise is on Barclay's Dime!

We have just about quit using ours, the rewards are only 1% unless it's for something related to Carnival, then it's 2%. Our other cards have a much better pay back.

There is also a rewards boost for online shopping that can pay up to 10 points per $1 spent.

I've found the card to be worth it. I used it for my S&S on our last cruise, earned 2 points per $1 spent on the account, then used accumulated points to pay it off. It's great as long as you pay it off every month!

Where did u see the extra 10% offer for carnival card holders? I have researched and can only find 10% not the 20% that you are talking about

• 2 weeks later...
Have never cashed in points on the Carnival card. We are sailing Sept 20th. When is the latest you can cash in your points?

I believe it is 15 days before sailing.

Edited by TLC535

Agree...play the credit card game...they make loads of $$$ off us ;)

And the use of CCs has increased the cost of things. Somebody, somehow has to pay for those gimmees the points buy.

And the use of CCs has increased the cost of things. Somebody, somehow has to pay for those gimmees the points buy.

Credit card use will not dwindle in use any time soon, so for me, as long as they continue to offer the bonuses I will continue to reap the rewards.

Edited by TLC535

I'm pretty sure interest and fees are how those things(bonuses/gift cards/etc) from the credit card companies are paid for.

Edited by acmoral