Problems Booking Asia Cruises

I have tried for several months now to book asian itineraries and they all seem to be "sold out" but I doubt they are considering the fact that they have just been released.

Here is an example:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/12NightsExoticAsiaCruise-OV12I024?currencyCode=USD&sAccessibility=false&sDateMin=2016-06-01&sDateMax=2016-06-30&sailDate=06%2f12%2f2016&singleSailingMode=false&crownAndAnchorSociety_memberId=323187436&loyaltyTier=P

I've monitored that Ovation 12 night Asia sailing since it came out and it gradually sell out pretty quickly, some TA's also held a lot of cabins. First gone were the solo balconies, then the suites all got sold out next.

I take Asia cruises frequently, and you have to be aware that Asia is where the money is right now due to the mainland Chinese's tremendous wealth that is why RCCL sends its newest ship Quantum to Asia instead of the US or UK, which will be followed by Ovation.

There is also a practice in Asia of big time travel agents, mostly mainland chinese TA, held all the cabins to sell them locally to their clients. They will only release some unsold cabins when final payment nears.

Many of the Asia cruises got chartered as well... I had already 3 cruises in the last 2 years that got chartered after I booked, so RCCL forced me to move to another sailing with a standard $100 OBC as compensation and up to $200 allowance for airline rebookings, and they are all Asia cruises... too much money here so ship charters are common.

Edited by roquejo