Old Argo Lounge

I believe that the Argo Lounge is now a Coffee Shop - I used to love it as a quiet reading oasis followed by Afternoon Tea. Can someone please tell me what they provide in there and a rough idea of prices - I assume that it isn't included in the drinks package. Is Afternoon Tea still provided in Sirens?

Many thanks.

Its still very guiet you can have a nice Lavazza coffee and cake you get 50% off so a coffee is about £1.50 but well worth it, you can also get the all inclusive drinks, don't think they do beer's. We think an improvement as its still a nice retreat☺

Its still very guiet you can have a nice Lavazza coffee and cake you get 50% off so a coffee is about £1.50 but well worth it, you can also get the all inclusive drinks, don't think they do beer's. We think an improvement as its still a nice retreat☺

Thanks very much - so glad it still a good place to relax.

The old Argo Lounge was my favourite spot on the ship for a comfy seat, relaxing atmosphere. It was nice for afternoon tea and its not the same having this in one of the dining rooms sitting at a big table. I used to enjoy the Classical duo of a pianist and violin. Do any of the Thomson ships have such a duo still?

I don't think so the Delo has pianist but that's evening only he is good though. You can get a cupa in the madusa lounge in the day and I think you can get selected teas in the coffee port but you may have to pay! This was on the Dream in May we are on Celebration in September so will report on any changes then unless someone else can help before☺

i didnt see the classical duo at christmas but there was a pianist and a singer in tides bar (the old ocean bar)... cannon is still there btw

max & brandi did an operatic set poolside one afternoon which was v well received (people in tears)

coffee port is nice imo ... comfy... lovely sea views from those big window... but you do have to pay, they do coffee/tea/lattes & cappuccinos/hot chocolate and a selection of muffins, its quiet in there (people reading) staff crew use it quite a bit, you can get takeaways

not sure if people on ai get a discount?

they still do afternoon tea in lido (cant remember if they do afternoon tea in sirens?)

We used the old Argo lounge now coffee port quite a lot in January, not very often for the coffee. Just for somewhere quiet to read or have a chat. I used to go out to a bar and bring alcoholic drinks in there, but there was often a waitress who would fetch your drinks for you.

We used the old Argo lounge now coffee port quite a lot in January, not very often for the coffee. Just for somewhere quiet to read or have a chat. I used to go out to a bar and bring alcoholic drinks in there, but there was often a waitress who would fetch your drinks for you.

That sounds perfect. I am not bothered about the Coffee - just like a quiet read in there.

Many items were removed from the ship as part of the refurb and will not reappear.

For example the baby grand piano that was in Explorers' on the Celebration was removed in Hamburg and given to a local charity and replaced with a flat screen tv. Sometimes the foresight at Thomson Cruises is sadly lacking - the charity did well out of it - the future choices on the ship are inhibited by its removal.

apparently... the dream is decorated with millions of dollars worth of antiques and art which the ship inherited from its hal days

it wouldn’t surprise me at all if thoms decided to give/throw them away??:rolleyes:

perhaps thoms should put some of them on flog-it and use the cash to give us all free cabin upgrades;):)

The pianos in the Medusa on the stage , in Argo at the far end and in Delo by the bar all remain ( at present ). It's just the one from Explorer's ( now the Coffee Port ) on the Celebration that has gone. I suspect they may wish to get rid of the one in Argo at the next opportunity - which will be a shame and a bad move.

• 2 weeks later...
i didnt see the classical duo at christmas but there was a pianist and a singer in tides bar (the old ocean bar)... cannon is still there btw

max & brandi did an operatic set poolside one afternoon which was v well received (people in tears)

coffee port is nice imo ... comfy... lovely sea views from those big window... but you do have to pay, they do coffee/tea/lattes & cappuccinos/hot chocolate and a selection of muffins, its quiet in there (people reading) staff crew use it quite a bit, you can get takeaways

not sure if people on ai get a discount?

they still do afternoon tea in lido (cant remember if they do afternoon tea in sirens?)

The Classical Duo were onboard on the Transatlantic crossing in December, and we flew home from Montego Bay on 23 December, so unless they left the ship the same day, they would have still been onboard!

That said, they did do their usual of spending more time in the buffet that the 'Argo Lounge' again!