Military

danyelle

My boyfriend and I are civilians, His brother and friend are joining us on the cruise and both are ex-soldiers.

Will Carnival allow me to book two cabins at military rate even if my boyfriend and I will be in one and the two military's are in the other?

It appears they sometimes run a family and friends special... and also there are limits to the number of discounts on each cruise, etc. When you say "ex soldiers", I'm assuming they are retired? Here is a good link. Lots of info about the military rates in here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=177705&highlight=military

I understand the "immediate family" requirement to mean children, not necessarily other family. I might be wrong though - best to check with a Carnival PVP!

I know Carnival will let me get a cabin for my sister and my in-laws with my military discount!

My newphew (Travis AFB) would like to come along on our 4/20/2006 Legend cruise, but Carnival and the TA told me that there were no military discounts available. We were only making the inquiry for his stateroom. When I checked on a different sailing for 2007 I was told the same thing. Any advice on how to this works? Thanks!

Crusie,

I dont travel on Military discount, but I do travel on a Interline rate which is the same....Not all ships will offer the Military discount... On the 2006 sailing you were looking at was probally already booked up with several Military discounts...If the ship doesnt fill up like it should they will reopen more space for that discount...Check back often it could open back up at anytime....Also on the 2007 sailing its usually to early to book for military discount...They start to open them up around a year ahead of the sailing....Hope this helps...:)

We were also told that we could only use our discount for 1 booking. I could have received the discount on two cabins if I had booked at the same time.

As far as what ships and cruise dates allow military discounts, I would speak directly with a Carnival PVP. They seem to be more helpful when it comes to the military discount.

Retired military can only book one cabin. Active duty can book two.

Last time I called a month or so ago....they were allowing 2 cabins for retired and any non-active duty military........

I believe they said as long as you served for at least 2 years and had an honorable discharge.

Of course everything is subject to change...etc.....etc.......

Carnival changes their military discount from time to time - so it's hit and miss what you will find when. Last I heard they had stopped offering the friends and family and were only allowing one cabin for active, retired, or vet and the military person must be traveling. Then again they could be back to offering it again. Retired and vet has always been one cabin to the baest of my knowledge - it was active that could get more then one. There will be those who will post and say, "That's not true, I got more". There are those "rare" occasions when a PVP will "work the system" and get extra cabins - so I never say never. It really depends on when the person booked and what was being offered at that time. It never hurts to ask and if you are one of the "lucky" ones then just take it and run.

Since you do have 2 military people booking I would just book one military in each cabin and then switch up when you get onboard.

Also - it is very true that only so many cabins are available for each sailing - so some sailings for the 2006 season are probably all taken - you will find something if you are willing to change ships or sail dates - and it's too early for some 2007 dates.

Archived