Internet Minutes

salisboss

My wife and I booked in August on Breakaway and our cruise came with 250 Internet minutes. How do we redeem these and can we use them on our own computers via wifi or do we have to use them in the Internet lounge?

You login to the ship's internet with the same credentials regardless of the device used - so no problem using your own device anywhere on the ship.

I'd assume that you either have some kind of letter or similar about activating the minutes in your cabin when you board or if not, you can ask the internet manager how to proceed.

A visit to the Internet Manager seems like it will be required.

The Breakaway no longer clocks internet access by minutes; it uses bandwidth (megabytes transferred). The Internet Cafe attendant should be able to translate the value you have to a current plan.

A visit to the Internet Manager seems like it will be required.

The Breakaway no longer clocks internet access by minutes; it uses bandwidth (megabytes transferred). The Internet Cafe attendant should be able to translate the value you have to a current plan.

Quick question, if you know the answer... which ships differentiate between tracking internet "minutes used" versus "band width used"??

When we were on the Getaway in January, we cruised under the All Inclusive Promotion that they had. It was new for everyone so there was some confusion. I stopped at the Internet Café desk, and he gave me our sign in information, and then we were able to use our computer anywhere on the ship. When you sign in, it shows you how many minutes you've used. You want to make sure that you log out of the internet and not just close your browser, or you will end up running out of minutes very quickly. I thought the speed was a little slow at times, but for the most part it was just fine.

Quick question, if you know the answer... which ships differentiate between tracking internet "minutes used" versus "band width used"??

Megabyte based billing is being tested only on Breakaway.

Edited by Demonyte

Sorry for a stupid question - I am not tech savy at all. I am going on the Breakaway next week and will need internet access to check e-mail. A 300 MB package is $59.00. Trying to figure out how I can determine if this buys me enough data. I typically get about 50 to 60 e-mails a day, but can ignore most of them until I get home. Mostly, I need to stay in touch with my daughter, who is overseeing a renovation while we are away. I do not anticipate using data for anything else. So - will I run out of data with this plan? Also, does the computer tell me how much data I have available each time I log on? Please - any help is greatly appreciated.

So - will I run out of data with this plan? Also, does the computer tell me how much data I have available each time I log on?

1. Very unlikely.

2. Yes. Remember to specifically logout after every session so that no background process can eat up the quota.

How much is the unlimited plan? We were on the Getaway in Jan also and I don't remember hearing about this option.

People sailing on the Getaway can now prepay for their internet minutes or the unlimited internet. It should be listed in the Gifts and more section of your booking. The unlimited plan for my 12 day Halloween sailing is $299 :eek:

Anyone know the price of the unlimited plan on the Breakaway?

NCL website states: "Price plans for Norwegian Breakaway can be obtained from the onboard Internet Café Manager."

Thanks.

Norwegian Breakaway Time Plan

Breakaway Pricing

Price

Pay As You Go (per MB) $0.59

25MB $12.00

100MB $29.00

300MB $59.00

1000MB $125.00

Ultimate Cruise Plan

(Breakaway, Dawn, Epic, Gem, Getaway, Jade, Jewel, Pearl, Spirit, Star, Sun, America)

1-12 Days...................$24.99 per day

13 Days or longer.......$19.99 per day