breakaway balcony preference

sesameking

I'm booking today for a cruise on the Breakaway next May. It will be me, my husband and our 5 year old daughter. We are looking to probably book one of the angled balconies for more space - but what preference as far as location on the ship would be best?

I have not sailed in an aft-facing balcony on Breakaway yet, but I did on the Gem last summer. I am absolutely addicted to the aft-facing balconies now. You don't get wind while underway, the view is amazing (especially during sailaway from NYC, when you can see everything on both sides from the comfort of your own balcony), and the wake is so peaceful and beautiful. We have 9318 booked on Breakaway for this July, and I have read here on multiple threads on CC that the balcony is 158 square feet. Sometimes it's way more expensive than other balconies, but for our sailing it was only $40 pp. more than the large balcony (which is half the size of what we got). I can't wait!

Decks 9/10/12 aft have the largest balconies while 13/14 have the smallest. We like deck 10 aft portside because you have 4 decks between you and Spic H-20 noise at night plus you'll have good view of fireworks.

We have only ever done aft cabins.

Edited by Ilovesailing

I was on the May 24 sailing and we had stateroom 13836, with the angled balcony. I was in the room with my husband and 9 year old. We had 2 other family members in an inside cabin so they would come visit and use our balcony and there was plenty of space for everyone.

Great location as it's mid-ship and close walking distance to stairs, elevators and the buffet!

Highly recommend the angled balcony if you can get one.

The angled balconies are great. I thought they were handicapped only. Do I ask my PCC for an angled balcony? On average, how much more are they? PS....I've been getting upgrades to a balcony as a solo, so chances are slim to none, but a girl can dream....