??s about same booking# from Elation to Conquest

sealgs2000

I read on a earlier post that when changing reservations from the Elation to the Conquest be sure to get a new booking# other wise the $100 shipboard credit will not be applied.

We changed our reservations and were given the same booking#. I received a statement in the mail and the statement made note of the $100 shipboard credit. All of the reservations were made through Carnival.

Do I need to worry about getting on ship and the credits not being applied?

I saw that too and wondered about it. I also thought I saw in prior posts (that be gone now) that you need to keep the same booking number to get the credit.:confused: I just got my docs and it shows it in there so I am not worried about it. That should prove it if there is a problem.

I was originally on the Elation and my PVP transferred my booking to the Conquest. My PVP had to cancel the original booking and do a new one (with different booking number) before the credit would show up.

Who knows what's going on.....I suspect that every case is going to be a bit different, and every PVP/TA will be handling everything differently too.

I'm just grateful that I finally have a booking, at the same price, with the $100 credit, and actually a better cabin (WINDOW!!!!) on the Conquest than I had on the Elation.

My Elation booking for 10/09/2005 was cancelled. I called to ask about it and the PVP suggested Conquest. I was excited about this and we went for it. The $100 is nice too. We have gone from outside on Elation to balcony on Conquest for only $285 per person. I think that is a deal. We got a new booking number. If you want to be sure....you can do this:

log onto Carnival.com then after you sign in, click on "My Reservation" then click on "Modify Booking" this will show your room assignment, amount you paid and the $100 onboard credit will show up there as well. Of course, DON'T Change anything unless you intend to....just click Cancel to exit when you finish looking.

I did this and found that 2 of the 4 cabins that I had booked did not receive the $100 per person onboard credit. I called about it and my PVP said that the wrong promotional code had been entered in. He straightened it out right away and now it appears on the bottom of the invoice at the bottom of the page. I would suggest that you do this so you don't have to try and straighten it out at the terminal while boarding.

Kenneth

Archived