Elation vs Conquest

rowlady

I am currently booked on Elation for March 2006 but can change my reservation to the Conquest with no penalty now that she will be leaving from Galveston (which is close to home). We have been on the Elation and loved it but would consider a new adventure if it comes recommended. We have 2 kids (13 and 14 years old) and would love to hear some opinions on best choice!! PS - The $ would be basically the same...............Thanks

I doubt the Conquest will still be in Galveston in March 2006. The port of New Orleans has already started receiving cargo ships and expects to be fully operational for all types of vessels in about four months.

Carnival isn't exactly sure that the Conquest is even going back to New Orleans... they may put another ship there altogether. Right now, Carnival's official word is that the Conquest will be in Galveston indefinitely, and they have her slated there until April 2007. The Conquest may end up back there, and right now I think they are looking at how well it does in Galveston since it is the first Conquest Class they have had... time will tell, it's all speculation right now.

I suppose it would be a risk in case she moves back to New Orleans since I want to definitely leave out of Galveston.......What would they do with customers booked from Galveston if they moved back? And between those 2 ships - is one better/nicer than the other?? Is it worth the risk do ya'll think??

I suppose it would be a risk in case she moves back to New Orleans since I want to definitely leave out of Galveston.......What would they do with customers booked from Galveston if they moved back? And between those 2 ships - is one better/nicer than the other?? Is it worth the risk do ya'll think??

I would book by where the ships are now, anything else and you are taking a risk... There is still alot of work that has to be done in NOLA as far as hotels, stores, employees, etc... so while the city is slowly reopening, there is alot of work to do and Carnival is not going to be too hasty in making a definite decision as to date. The Conquest is a bigger ship, they are two different classes. Many like the conquest class, I won't know for another 40 some days... I love the fantasy class ships though, so I personally would be happy with either ship. That is just me... With things being up in the air, if you are set on cruising out of Galveston, I would stick with the Elation.

This is what I was wondering too. My DW and I are booked for a cruise in May 06 on Conquest. We switched over to it from the Elation when the port was changed. I just hope she is still in Galveston when MAy 06 rolls around. We decided to switch because of the better itenerary and ports, plus it looks like a better ship! So, if it goes back to NO then ? I guess we will have to drive there from Austin. I wondered if we would get any credits if the ship moves ports before then. :)

First time posting here, you guys have lots of fun info to share, been fun to read it all here!!

We've been on both ships and the Conquest is alot bigger, nicer and newer.

Definitely switch to the Conquest. I have been on the Fantasy and Glory. The comparison is the same as yours. The Conquest Class ships offer so much more and are newer. The Fantasy class ships have seen better days and are slowly becoming outdated with these newer behemoths. Have a great trip!

I have sailed Elation twice and would do the Conquest is a minute due to its ports. I hate the Elation ports and Love the Conquest ports. The Conquest is a much newer larger ship and once it sails here it will compete with the Grand Princess in size and luxury. I love balconies and the elation has only a few and they are not really balconies. The Conquest has many balconies ! I would seriously consider changing to the Conquest. I would in a second!

I have sailed Conquest twice and Elation once, and, believe it or not, I preferred the Elation. Our first Conquest cruise, when it was very new, was wonderful. The staff were great, the ship very clean, the food great, the whole nine. The second time we sailed the Conquest (2/13/05), the ship wasn't being cleaned well, the staff were not very friendly and some were downright surly (Our cabin steward was visibly angry when we told him that our then- 4 year old had vomited on the floor of our cabin during the night (We cleaned it up, but the area needed shampooing afterward). In fact, we believe, though we can't prove it, that our cabin steward stole from us as well), and the food was NOT up to Carnival's normal standards. The difference was night and day. I hope whatever problems were going on on the Conquest in February of this year have been solved, because that experience made me not want to come back to the Conquest. EVER.

I actually think the Elation is a prettier ship. The atrium was really gorgeous. It was another experience with friendly staff. The food was somewhere between the first and second Conquest cruises and the pizza was awful by Carnival's usual standards, but we had more FUN on this cruise than on any other. Debarkation was a DREAM compared to the Conquest. My only real complaint was that my Sail and Sign bill ended up being incorrect. We'll see if I'm able to get that straightened out- If I had wanted to pay $45 to the beauty salon, I would have gone there myself rather than paying a stranger's bill.

Rebecca

Archived