Friends and Family Question

dickinson

I booked my cruise with an online TA. Many months ago someone from my roll call offered one of these F&F vouchers. They supposedly sent it in. Yesterday I noticed a price drop (since I booked and supposedly got the F&F voucher there were 2 other drops which also included a cabin change but same booking#). I was out of town and called my online TA. They contacted Carnival for the price drop but when I mentioned about the F&F Carnival said they didn't see any. I think I read on here months ago that when I log in to Carnival I will not see my TA's OBC but only Carnival. Is that correct? When I click on Manage I do see $100 OBC . That is the same as F&F but also the amount my TA is giving me.

So do you think it is the F&F and the Carnival rep was wrong (it was a Sunday and who knows how experienced the rep was) or my TA's OBC?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by dickinson

Friends and Family.

Thanks....had a brain f--t....LOL. I would check back with my TA. we've never had that problem come up because we always book straight thru carnival. Same sweet TA for 15 years, she's amazing..

Edited by volmoma

Many months ago someone from my roll call offered one of these F&F vouchers. They supposedly sent it in.

Did you give that someone your booking information to enter on the F&F certificate? Are you absolutely certain that someone actually sent it in?

If it was many months ago and you hadn't checked your booking to see if the F&F OBC was posted before now, it's quite possible it was not sent/received. This would be supported by the statement that upon checking now, Carnival didn't see the F&F OBC posted to your account.

The likely answer is you don't have the F&F OBC but you do have the TA OBC.

Thanks but I still need to know if on the Carnival website under Manage where it lists OBC is that strictly Carnival's OBC or is it also the TA's OBC?

The Carnival website will ONLY show the OBC that is associated to Carnival. If you are receiving some via your TA, it won't show until you get onboard the ship.

Thanks. I am on hold with my online TA who is calling Carnival to check. She did say that they already paid Carnival the OBC they had been offering so she said that is probably what is showing. Because they already paid it they can't reduce it (my new lower price included less OBC but I saved overall).

I'll update once I hear back. However, all of you are correct. I have no way of really knowing if the F&F was sent in with my booking number. The $100 OBC showed up around a week after I gave that person my booking number. I had booked the cruise several weeks before so I assumed it was the F&F.

Edited by dickinson

Just got off with my TA. She called Carnival and this time got a rep who apparently knows better than the rep she got on Sunday. On Carnival.com the $100 that shows as OBC is the Friends and Family. She figured out that the $100 OBC that I was to get through the TA was not paid yet as she originally thought so that would not show up on Carnival.com. If she had realized that yesterday then $50 would have been taken away from the $100 as the new promotion they were having was only for $50 OBC. With two cruises back to back that is an extra $100 I have as she said they won't take it away from me now! However, if prices go down again I would lose it..

If anyone is reading this who does not look at their roll call I would HIGHLY suggest they do. I got the f&f from the roll call and was alerted to two price reductions through it.

Just got off with my TA. She called Carnival and this time got a rep who apparently knows better than the rep she got on Sunday. On Carnival.com the $100 that shows as OBC is the Friends and Family. She figured out that the $100 OBC that I was to get through the TA was not paid yet as she originally thought so that would not show up on Carnival.com. If she had realized that yesterday then $50 would have been taken away from the $100 as the new promotion they were having was only for $50 OBC. With two cruises back to back that is an extra $100 I have as she said they won't take it away from me now! However, if prices go down again I would lose it..

If anyone is reading this who does not look at their roll call I would HIGHLY suggest they do. I got the f&f from the roll call and was alerted to two price reductions through it.

So I am assuming you are not booked as Early Saver. For if you were, you can price match without losing the F&F OBC.

So I am assuming you are not booked as Early Saver. For if you were, you can price match without losing the F&F OBC.

I AM booked ES. It was just that when I called Sunday for the price drop my TA said Carnival said I did not have the F&F. Now that I am home (I was out of town) I called again and had them call Carnival. The rep at Carnival today said I DO have F&F so the rep on Sunday was wrong. If the Sunday rep had been correct I never would have even started this thread!

I AM booked ES. It was just that when I called Sunday for the price drop my TA said Carnival said I did not have the F&F. Now that I am home (I was out of town) I called again and had them call Carnival. The rep at Carnival today said I DO have F&F so the rep on Sunday was wrong. If the Sunday rep had been correct I never would have even started this thread!

So if you are booked ES and with the latest promotion, you should be able to keep your $100 F&F OBC and also get the $50 promotion OBC. Or am I missing something?

So if you are booked ES and with the latest promotion, you should be able to keep your $100 F&F OBC and also get the $50 promotion OBC. Or am I missing something?

When I called on Sunday I was told I would lose the $50 OBC I had with Carnival (Carnival.com at that point said I had $150). If today they are offering it I am not calling about it because I would lose $50 for each of my two cruises with my TA so it is a wash.

Update- just checked Carnival's website and my sailings do not qualify for that promotion.

Edited by dickinson