Sharks, Rays and Island Getaway - Belize

Can anyone offer an opinion on this tour? How much snorkel time did you get? Were there other fish besides sharks and rays? How was the coral? What the the island?? Is it Caye Caulker? Does the excursion leave directly from the ship, or do you have to tender in and then take another boat out? About how many people were on the excursion? The description on RCCL's website doesn't give much information. I posted the questions on the Belize board a couple of days ago, and also emailed RCCL's excursion department, but haven't received any responses so far.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is the response from Royal's excursion desk:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Global Tour Operations with your inquiry.

BEF1 provides 1 hour in the water.

The Island Getaway may depend on the weather that day.. It may be at Bare Foot Caribe Pier..

Thank you and have a great day.

So....I guess that is more than I knew before. I still don't know if the excursion departs directly from the ship or if you tender in and then go out in another boat. It sounds like it is really just an encounter with the sharks and rays, and we'd rather have more of a snorkeling excursion with coral and tropical fish. I think we will keep looking at options.

• 9 months later...

Bump.

Very good reviews on Royal's site, but interested if anyone on CC has been on this. Still shopping for something to do in Belize other than a beach stop. We already have non-ship beach breaks booked for the other two stops.

We did the tour last november on celebrity. We tendered into belize than walked to the next pier to another vessel.

It was a nice day and had a very enjoyable boat ride both ways....

Spent about an hour in the water.. lots of rays only 1 shark but some very nice snorkeling at the break...

5 min run from snorkel spot to where we docked at caye caulker. We spent about and 90 minutes there had lunch and walked around..

Overall nice excursion

Rick

PS I said only one shark.. when we anchored there were 4 to 5 circling but the second a person hit the water they were gone