Cruise Day pass? just go to buccaneer? Sandy Point?

ArtsyChic

We will be there on a Sunday when Sandy Point will be open however I am concerned about the travel there and seclusion as some people noted with limited shade. Any opinions out there?

Don't really think we want to do the boat trip to Buck Island...

Other beaches looked at was Sandcastle & Rainbow...those seem the most crowded but has options for bathrooms and food.

I really need suggestions. We are two adults and toddler.

Thank you so much

Celeste

We will be there on a Sunday when Sandy Point will be open however I am concerned about the travel there and seclusion as some people noted with limited shade. Any opinions out there?

Other beaches looked at was Sandcastle & Rainbow...those seem the most crowded but has options for bathrooms and food.

Sandy Point is a wonderful unspoiled area, but I don't especially recommend it for traveling with a kid. There's literally nothing there - apart from sand and sea, which are great. True almost no shade.

The beaches close to the pier are nice. Facilities are available. Haven't been there on Sunday, but on a weekday there was plenty of room except for right near the bars.

Sandy Point is a wonderful unspoiled area, but I don't especially recommend it for traveling with a kid. There's literally nothing there - apart from sand and sea, which are great. True almost no shade.

The beaches close to the pier are nice. Facilities are available. Haven't been there on Sunday, but on a weekday there was plenty of room except for right near the bars.

it sounds like some beaches are very rocky and then other posters say not? like we were looking at sandcastle but i read that there are a lot of rocks there and also Rainbow beach area.

Do you have other suggestions that you prefer

it sounds like some beaches are very rocky and then other posters say not? like we were looking at sandcastle but i read that there are a lot of rocks there and also Rainbow beach area.

Do you have other suggestions that you prefer

It frustrates me greatly when people are so concerned about the rocks so here's my opinion on it:

All the beaches on the West End of St. Croix have rocks and coral outcrops, they also have gorgeous smooth sand in between. Find a beach that has the mix of amenities you want and find a spot between the rocks to enjoy. The rocks and coral are where the fish hang out so if you want to see any sea life you need to have a few rocks around anyway.

DO NOT take a child to Sandy Point under any circumstances. It is a hot and barren turtle nesting ground that is federally protected by law and no place for children to be running around.

Go to Sandcastle if you want the hotel/resort beach experience, go to Freedom City if you want the active outdoor experience, go to Rainbow if you want loud music and jetskis.