Confused - My price on Carnival.com is lower than the TA

jeniroosen

So, we're 93 days out and I wanted to see if we had changed at all from our original room. Did the modify/book thing. We're still a 4b inside guarentee but at the bottom of that page it tells you how much you still owe. Our downpayment is correct but the price of our room is less than what we were given by our TA (who booked it for us). $300 less actually between the two of us. What has happened? Are we really $300 richer? Anyone else have this happen? Can I call Carnival and settle up our bill so that the cruise is paid in full at this lower rate?

Jeni

$300 is a lot of beer! :)

I wouldn't pay much attention to what is shown there, lots of complaints that it is wrong and the commissions are never figured in. Not sure if port charges are figured in to that number either. You can call your TA and ask if the price has dropped... they can tell you if the price is lower than when you booked. Good luck.

What happened to me is i paid for my cruise in full via the Carnvial.com web site... And then 1 month before i checked the site for my same itinerary for the heck of it, and the price on the site was $75.00 less... So I called Carnival and told them about it and if they could give me a credit, and they did. They gave it to me on my sign and sail card, so that was nice:D

If your are still within the pre-final payment period, I would contact TA with lower rate and ask them to match it. If they refuse and you are pre-final payment you can cancel with your TA and get your deposit back then rebook with Carnival or someone else. I would place another deposit with Carnival then search different online cruise or travel sited sites for the lowest rate. Then turn the booking over to the best rate agency. You may want to look for lowest rate online before you contact your TA. I have always found that rates at lower than Carnivals. If you need any additional info, you can contact me at bgaylemccord@yahoo.com.

The information on the book/modify is much different than what the cruise is selling for now... those numbers do NOT mean the price of the cruise went down. If you want to see what the cruise is selling for now, log out of the book/modify and act as if you are booking a new cruise... you will see what the cruise is selling for now. The book/modify is your actual booking, and the numbers will likly not match what you think you paid for any number of reasons... just call your TA and see what it is selling for now rather than bothering with the numbers on that breakdown.

Archived