Dream-main deck

VM_Mom

Has anyone ever stayed in a Deluxe Oceanview on the Main Deck? With this deck being below the dining rooms and theater, I am wondering if there are any locations where noise would not be an issue. TIA!

I was in a Deluxe Ocean View on the Dream, #2485. Take a look at it--it's an oversized room with two picture windows instead of one. It's aft on the starboard side. No noise from above at all. The dining room is above it, but there's carpeting in the dining room so no noise. Any of the deluxe OV's in that area would be good, that that one is special because of its size.

About 3/4 of deck 2 is great in regards to noise from above. Being below the dining room is the best place on the ship. The dining rooms are totally empty all night long (no cooking or other kitchen work is ever done in the dining room). I have been below the dining rooms before, and even when it's in use for brunch or dinner, you probably won't hear much, if anything. I never heard a peep. The cooking & other kitchen work is done in the galley, and they are working during the overnights. Some rooms under the galley are fine, while a few can be noisy. I think the only rooms below the galley are cove balconies & interiors.

Below the lobby would seem to be noisy, because of the late night music in the atrium, but I have never read a single complaint about that. People seem to like being below the lobby. Below the theater is a non-issue during overnights, since it's empty after 11:30 or earlier. Daytime rehearsals may interfere with naps, or if you go to bed early, it might be an issue.

Further aft cabins get some random engine noises & odd vibrations. Far forward cabins get consistent noises, with the waves hitting the front of the ship, and consistent motion. Because of consistency, I prefer forward to aft, although closer to midship is best. Overall, deck 2 is my favorite deck on the ship. I had a deck 1 deluxe OV on Dream, and we really liked the room.

Edited by k2excursion