Ventura films

Hugowooly

Just come off the Ventura myself, films were shown in the Arena Theatre and also in the Tamarind bar. Ours was a Strictly Come Dancing Cruise and most of the films were old black & white musicals which I didn't bother to see. They did show a couple of recent release films as well, but they were shown on days when we were at port so didn't have the chance to see them.

On Ventura the quality of the film projection is absolutely shocking, but from speaking to the technical staff they are trying (and failing) to use equipment that is not designed for the purpose.

If you can envisage a poor quality VHS picture blown up to cinema screen size, and shown at the incorrect aspect ratio, that is what Ventura is offering.

Given the quality of the rest of the entertainment, it is an embarrassment to P&O.

There are films shown in the theatre / show lounge most days and there are also films shown on your cabin TV some of which you have to pay for. I usually find I can catch up with films I missed in the last 12 months at the cinema but they are usually adventure / romance / thrillers. To find out what is being shown currently, here's a link to the page on the P&O website and just scroll down to Ventura.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/films

Edited by tartanexile81