New to Cruising

There are lots of good websites on the internet. You can also check with your Travel Agent for some good tips. TravelSense.org is a good site for cruising tips. Click Here to access the cruising portion of that site. Also check out Royal Caribbean's Top Ten Insider Cruising Tips, Click Here for that.

Cruising isn't as complicated as some people make it out to be. People ask every conceivable question on this website, and if they'd just go and forget the questions, they'd enjoy the cruise anyways, without knowing everything. Royal Caribbean will guide you thru the luggage process, the tipping process, the daily dinner dress code, it's not that big of a deal. Check out www.rccl.com and search the FAQ section to help answer your questions. Good Luck! Maybe I'll see you on Freedom?

Congratulations! on booking your first cruise! There really is no other vacation like it. I agree with the above posters, check out the web sites that they suggest they are really good ones. Keep reading these boards too, lots of great info on here.

Congrats on your first cruise. We just took ours in January and are going on #2 next January, that one with our teenager - should be interesting:rolleyes:

I agree that the websites are full of information so search the internet. I think I went to Yahoo and typed in first time cruiser and got lots of sites.

I have a few quick tips being a new cruiser:

1 - pack coordinating items, this way you won't have to carry 5 suitcases like my best friend (actually she made her husband). My DH and I had 1 large suitcase, a garment bag and a small carry on for the night before boarding and the last night. We had everything we needed and didn't miss what we didn't have:-)

2 - if you have an inside room, take a small nightlight to help get around the room w/out have to turn on the light and blind yourself.

3 - I'm a scrapbooker, so I collect anything that I think I can use. So I brought along a large plastic bag and a folder to keep everything together. If you plan to save items, this is a good tip.

Those are about the only ones that I can think of that you won't find somewhere else. Just remember to relax and enjoy yourself:D

Archived