Illusionarium - worth paying for?

weebobby

I haven't paid for the Ultimate Dining Package having taken the drinks package instead. I will definitely eat in the Italian and Teppanyaki and maybe another.

Is the Illusionarium show worth the money if you don't have the UDP? It only seems to have 8.45pm availability on the sea day between Tortola and Bahamas.

Has the food improved as there used to be a lot of bad reviews of the food ( except for dessert )

Edited by weebobby

The answer to this is subjective of course, but I will tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed the show and the dinner provided.

It was something different from the large theater production shows and very entertaining with some fantastic "how did they do that?" moments of magic.

Tracy

If the new dining plan options are available for you to book you may want to do so. You can now buy one for just three days which would cover the restaurants you mentioned and for an uncharged fee, Illusionarium. Call to confirm details then decide.

Edited by Nola26

If the new dining plan options are available for you to book you may want to do so. You can now buy one for just three days which would cover the restaurants you mentioned and for an uncharged fee, Illusionarium. Call to confirm details then decide.

System doesn't like "up charge" as one word... keeps changing to uncharged, sorry.

im on the old plan as sail on june 27th so i either pay as I go or pay $140 each for 7 days and do Special each night

We'll sail with the new UDP options. However, I have no plans for Specialty dining and have already purchased our floor seat tickets to the show so I believe it is worth the splurge.

I enjoyed the food but it wasn't filling so we visited the buffet later. What we didn't enjoy was the show. We were seated at one of the tables just inside the door and while we were close to the stage we were watching the magic from nearly behind. It was really frustrating, especially the white statue. If your are center front it might be a different experience but no way to guarantee that.

Now, it's been several months since our cruise so maybe they've changed things since I was there.