Dining room menu

lilyfrog73

This is our first cruise. When eating in the dining room (formal or not) for dinner, are there options to choose from or is there just one selection each night? Is it an actual menu that you can order from? How many choices usually? We are sailing on the Majesty in April and I know there is the Windjammer but my husband and I don't get to go to too many sit down dinners with 5 kids at home so this is going to be an awesome treat. (obviously we are going alone -well deserved!!! :D )

To get an idea of what is currently being served on RCI's ships, here are some recent menus (from Navigator)

http://theloves.smugmug.com/gallery/489059

Menus from many ships can be found at www.cruiseclues.com

(click on the menus tab at the top)

Also, there is always chicken, steak, pasta and I think fish available if you don't like the selections.

If you don't like something your waiter will gladly bring you something else. Or Caribbean Night I ordered th Bami Goreng and my waiter checked at least 3 times to see if I liked it ok and if he should order something else for me:D

If you really like something, order an extra portion.

Want 2 appetizers? Go ahead. 3 desserts? No problem (except maybe in the waistline)

Don't forget to ask your waiter for suggestions- they serve this stuff week in and week out and know what most people seem to prefer.

We thought the food was very good and the service was outstanding. It is a nice break from having to do it yourself at home!

Have a great trip!

We were on the Explorer on Aug 28th with the family. My children can often be difficult to feed. DS has nut allergy and DD has dairy (et al) intolerance. Our waitor and head waitor did everything to help with dinner. At the end of each evening they would bring over the next day's menu to make sure there was something our kids could eat and enjoy. If not, they would make special arrangements to have alternatives made up. For example, they had steamed vegetables made up every meal (asparagus, broccoli, etc.) for DD because the menu veggies often had butter glaze, sauces, etc.

Point is: If you have a request - just ask. RCL is very flexible to accomodate their guests. People can debate the quality of the food versus other curise lines or prior cruises, but IMHO the level of service and flexibility was second to none.

Steak chicken & fish are always available. Read the "fine print" at the bottom of the menu. One night I didn't like anything on the menu but the waiiter suggested that I have something from the night before. It wasn't a problem.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived