CCL needs to step up to the plate....

Do you eat? You can chose the dining package. Do you take shore excursions? You can take the OBC. The "specific" promotion is not the point, the fact that they are offering "something" is!

And don't fool yourself and don't try to fool me, EVERYBODY wants a good deal or participates on a sale. Yes we cruise for the cruise, but if they throw a bone your way, you WILL catch it.

That is a HUGE assumption on your part. Some of us never use coupons, don't give a frig about promotions, buy when the time is right not always when the price is right, choose vacations for lots of reasons outside of price (that is limiting and decidedly not my style). In fact when I plan a vacation it is about a hundred things outside of price and perks.

If this poster is driven by price and perks that is THEIR choice and its silly to presume that others will fall in line with THEIR thinking. Nobody is disagreeing with the poster about their choice they are just saying that not all of us see things through the same narrow perspective.

Or else what? I have stated many times before, Carnival doesn't really care about experienced cruisers and would probably be happiest and most profitable with an all blue card cruise! So if you or all of the other cruisers who seem to think that the loyalty program is more valuable than the cruise itself decide to leave, I don't think anyone at Carnival will be heart broken. Fewer free drinks, free laundry, free gifts, free etc they have to give away.

The last time I used the "free laundry" my 6'2" husband's t-shirt came back sized for a 2 year old. LOL.

NCL made me an offer that I couldn't refuse for next year on the Escape. Kids sail free and free drink package (approx value of the 2 combined was about $1950, while the room was only slightly more). Final score was about half of what I paid for the Breeze this year.

NCL made me an offer that I couldn't refuse for next year on the Escape. Kids sail free and free drink package (approx value of the 2 combined was about $1950 to me, while the room was only slightly more). Final score was about half of what I paid for the Breeze this year.

Sorry but I needed to make a minor but expensive correction to your post.

Ignoring the monetary aspect, I'm taking my last NCL cruise in a few days because I can't stand the way they do so many of the things on their ships. Hope you will find NCL more palatable.

I'm taking my last NCL cruise in a few days because I can't stand the way they do so many of the things on their ships.

If it isn't too much to ask, can you provide examples please. I'm curious. I don't find all these lines that different one from the other.

NCL made me an offer that I couldn't refuse for next year on the Escape. Kids sail free and free drink package (approx value of the 2 combined was about $1950, while the room was only slightly more). Final score was about half of what I paid for the Breeze this year.

Half? If you are big drinkers then I do see great savings. Not sure about half though. Wish I could.

I too did the Breeze in April and am doing the Escape with the KSF and UDP (dining plan) which covers all 4 of us. I get the drink package is a good deal but since we aren't big drinkers I can't see it paying off.

So I agree with the offer being to good to refuse, but even so I can't see it ever being half of what we paid on the Breeze.

Right now however the price of our Escape Cruise has SKYROCKETED over $1100, The corresponding Breeze cruise we were looking at has not had a similar increase.

Glad we booked NCL when we did.

If it isn't too much to ask, can you provide examples please. I'm curious. I don't find all these lines that different one from the other.

For many choosing a cruiseline is subjective not always objective. My reasons for not cruising on a specific line will probably be totally different than someone elses. If you like ALL cruiselines and find them of equal value and enjoyment why would it matter what someone else "thinks". Do you need validation for your choices? A reason to be happy about the price point you have picked? What I think should matter squat to you if you are OK with your decision.

For us it's little things.

I like early set dining but since we do specialties on NCL that is no biggie.

The kids club is more user and parent friendly on Carnival. Open during lunch hours, feeds the kids at dinner time, neither NCL does.

The MDR on carnival is better IMO than NCL, again since the specialties no biggie.

I like tea time and sea day brunch on Carnival.

The Escapes' 7 day ports are kind of lame.

Won't toss NCL aside like some will but prefer CCL in little ways.

For us it's little things.

I like early set dining but since we do specialties on NCL that is no biggie.

The kids club is more user and parent friendly on Carnival. Open during lunch hours, feeds the kids at dinner time, neither NCL does.

The MDR on carnival is better IMO than NCL, again since the specialties no biggie.

I like tea time and sea day brunch on Carnival.

The Escapes' 7 day ports are kind of lame.

Won't toss NCL aside like some will but prefer CCL in little ways.

Thank you for sharing. Is that not the purpose of this forum? I know that CCL has an excellent Camp for the kids, but since I have no kids I can't comment on that. And I agree, not sure why the Escape is replacing St. Thomas for Tortola, not much to do there.

I'm sure that the difference matter more to me than others. On the Sun, pizza is available for only 2.5 hours during the day versus 24/7 on Carnival. A few hours longer on the Epic but still not 24/7. The MDR (and food in general) is waaaaayyyyyyyy better on any other cruise line that I have been on than NCL. The speed of service in the MDR on both the Epic and at the beginning on the Sun was unbelievable slow (I will say we were lucky to find Immaculate Deja on the Sun halfway through the cruise and she was amazing but I can't take her on ever cruise I go on). The removal of lobster tail from the MDR (this is my cruising treat and regardless of what some lobster snobs think, I like them and only eat lobster on cruise ships in the MDR). The reclassification of specialty restaurant workers from the DSC pool so they can now charge and extra 18% in the specialty restaurants. On the Epic (and I believe other large NCL ships), they destroy the aft oceanview from deck with the big screen TV (put it in the middle of the ship like Carnival). On the Epic, it seems like all of the resources on deck were put into making things for kids instead of the paying adults. I won't even get into the bathroom setup on the Epic.

There are other things but for me, as you can see, it's a lot of little things that NCL does that makes cruising with them something I don't want to do. Especially when their are other cruise lines that do it better (okay, more to my liking) for less money. The only reason I'm doing my Alaska cruise is because some of the things that came about happened after final payment date and Carnival didn't have a similar itinerary. HAL did and i pondered it for a bit in the beginning but couldn't justify $900 more per person for an inside cabin on HAL. But luckily, this being my first Alaska cruise, I'm hoping the scenery will dstract me from being on NCL and my next 3 booked cruises are RCCL, CCL, and CCL so I have happier cruises to look forward to.

Thank you for sharing. Is that not the purpose of this forum? I know that CCL has an excellent Camp for the kids, but since I have no kids I can't comment on that. And I agree, not sure why the Escape is replacing St. Thomas for Tortola, not much to do there.

San Juan is missing, St. Thomas is still on the schedule as is Tortola.

Still somewhat lame though

I'm sure that the difference matter more to me than others. On the Sun, pizza is available for only 2.5 hours during the day versus 24/7 on Carnival. A few hours longer on the Epic but still not 24/7. The MDR (and food in general) is waaaaayyyyyyyy better on any other cruise line that I have been on than NCL. The speed of service in the MDR on both the Epic and at the beginning on the Sun was unbelievable slow (I will say we were lucky to find Immaculate Deja on the Sun halfway through the cruise and she was amazing but I can't take her on ever cruise I go on). The removal of lobster tail from the MDR (this is my cruising treat and regardless of what some lobster snobs think, I like them and only eat lobster on cruise ships in the MDR). The reclassification of specialty restaurant workers from the DSC pool so they can now charge and extra 18% in the specialty restaurants. On the Epic (and I believe other large NCL ships), they destroy the aft oceanview from deck with the big screen TV (put it in the middle of the ship like Carnival). On the Epic, it seems like all of the resources on deck were put into making things for kids instead of the paying adults. I won't even get into the bathroom setup on the Epic.

There are other things but for me, as you can see, it's a lot of little things that NCL does that makes cruising with them something I don't want to do. Especially when their are other cruise lines that do it better (okay, more to my liking) for less money. The only reason I'm doing my Alaska cruise is because some of the things that came about happened after final payment date and Carnival didn't have a similar itinerary. HAL did and i pondered it for a bit in the beginning but couldn't justify $900 more per person for an inside cabin on HAL. But luckily, this being my first Alaska cruise, I'm hoping the scenery will dstract me from being on NCL and my next 3 booked cruises are RCCL, CCL, and CCL so I have happier cruises to look forward to.

The MDR (and food in general) is waaaaayyyyyyyy better on any other cruise line that I have been on than NCL. Sort of agree, Epic was so-so, Getaway was great. Specialty dining is always fantastic.

The removal of lobster tail from the MDR (this is my cruising treat and regardless of what some lobster snobs think, I like them and only eat lobster on cruise ships in the MDR). Completely agree.

I won't even get into the bathroom setup on the Epic. Horrible, and totally agree, which is why the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape have regular bathrooms.

By the way, I disliked the Sun, sailed it twice, very odd shape and getting around it was nuts. Then again, I'm sort of spoiled on the new ships, on any line.

San Juan is missing, St. Thomas is still on the schedule as is Tortola.

Still somewhat lame though

If San Juan is missing, then you're not missing much. And you're right, my itinerary goes to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Tortola. We stopped in San Juan during Thanksgiving week 2014, and frankly, got off the ship, walked around the very DARK port for a bit and returned to the ship within the hour. It was scary and very run down. Sad, actually, Puerto Rico is beautiful, but they really need to work on the port area.

OK, how's this: $999 plus tax for a Concierge Class balcony on the 10th deck, including the unlimited beverage package, including the tips, including a $450.00 OBC.

Does that work for you?

Like I said, Carnival needs to step up to the plate or they will lose many many loyal customers.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I work hard for my money and I'm not about to give it away to a company who gives me nothing while others are giving me all these extras.

THAT was my point!

OK - I'll repeat myself

"Good for you . If you can get Celebrity Concierge Class anywhere near in price to a Carnival balcony - TAKE IT !

Your deal is so good ,it's hard to believe . Non the less, congratulations .

Here is the humorous part , your comments about "loyal" customers . You are far far from a loyal customer .

All you want is the best deal and I agree with that 100% . Loyalty is for friends and family not cruise lines

but let's not pretend you are loyal . If Celebrity will give you a deal like this where they aren't close

to breaking even, goodie but why should Carnival follow suit ? You clearly will follow the best deal as would I .

(I know some are going to argue about my belief that Celebrity is not close to breaking even

on the deal OP listed. You are kidding yourselves ).

If San Juan is missing, then you're not missing much. And you're right, my itinerary goes to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Tortola. We stopped in San Juan during Thanksgiving week 2014, and frankly, got off the ship, walked around the very DARK port for a bit and returned to the ship within the hour. It was scary and very run down. Sad, actually, Puerto Rico is beautiful, but they really need to work on the port area.

See, we had a blast in San Juan, walked to both forts had a excellent lunch at a roof top restaurant, a beautiful and sunny day.

Seemed like a clean,for the Caribbean, and bustling area.

Looking at msc cruises next year that do an overnight in san juan .

OK - I'll repeat myself

"Good for you . If you can get Celebrity Concierge Class anywhere near in price to a Carnival balcony - TAKE IT !

Your deal is so good ,it's hard to believe . Non the less, congratulations .

Here is the humorous part , your comments about "loyal" customers . You are far far from a loyal customer .

All you want is the best deal and I agree with that 100% . Loyalty is for friends and family not cruise lines

but let's not pretend you are loyal . If Celebrity will give you a deal like this where they aren't close

to breaking even, goodie but why should Carnival follow suit ? You clearly will follow the best deal as would I .

(I know some are going to argue about my belief that Celebrity is not close to breaking even

on the deal OP listed. You are kidding yourselves ).

Two Things:

1. It's real. Reflection. Also got same deal on Silhouette for March, 2016 and even better one for February 2017, Mardi Gras cruise with an even bigger OBC.

2. "Nonetheless" is one word.

See, we had a blast in San Juan, walked to both forts had a excellent lunch at a roof top restaurant, a beautiful and sunny day.

We liked San Juan as well, but we were there in the day like you were. I could see the port being completely different at night. If it isn't well lit, a strange area would definitely be scary at night.

We've had better times, but we docked late due to weather, so instead of 4:30 or whatever it was we were supposed to have arrived, we didn't dock until almost 8, by that time it was so so dark, we couldn't do much. I do like the itineraries that have San Juan arriving early, but those are far and few. Most arrive late afternoon.

We've had better times, but we docked late due to weather, so instead of 4:30 or whatever it was we were supposed to have arrived, we didn't dock until almost 8, by that time it was so so dark, we couldn't do much. I do like the itineraries that have San Juan arriving early, but those are far and few. Most arrive late afternoon.

Hmmm, our Breeze visit arrived at 8AM... we left at 4pm...to early if you ask me.

Still was a historically interesting port and would certainly like to go again.

Actually if they want to add Havana ;) and remove Nassau...feel free. NCL CCL are you listening :D

Actually if they want to add Havana ;) and remove Nassau...feel free. NCL CCL are you listening :D

Oh boy! Going off topic, which is probably a good thing!

So ready, you have no clue!

We were on the Ecstasy this past New Year's Eve and were speaking to one of our waiters during lunch (I think), he told us Carnival was very ready to sail to Havana and it would most likely happen in 2016. Not sure where he got his information or from whom, but we were listening......

BTW, just spent a week in Anna Maria Island, near Bradenton. First time I visited, it was beautiful!

We were on the Ecstasy this past New Year's Eve and were speaking to one of our waiters during lunch (I think), he told us Carnival was very ready to sail to Havana and it would most likely happen in 2016. Not sure where he got his information or from whom, but we were listening......

BTW, just spent a week in Anna Maria Island, near Bradenton. First time I visited, it was beautiful!

Yeah, I wouldn't count on a waiter to have much in the way of information on that...

I firmly believe the cruise lines would love to visit Havana and I'm sure they have plans on how to handle it once they can. But I wouldn't expect a waiter to be privy to any of it, and I'd be shocked at 2016.

First, Americans have to be allowed to visit Cuba. While it is easier than before, it is still illegal for the vast majority of Americans. No US based cruise line is going to visit a port most of its passengers can't visit. It would be a field day for CBP when the ship returned.

I'd be shocked at 2016.

There needs to be a US Embassy first, once that is done, then possibly. My guess would be 2017, and very VERY dependent on who wins the election next year. That's my guess. I actually received an email the other day from an agency we've used in the past, it had an 8-day cruise to Cuba, for reasonable money, but on some foreign/Greek cruise line. It was a Cuba-only itinerary, stopping at several different ports, with a 2-day stay in Havana. It was very interesting how it was worded to make it legal, all tours that were included were "cultural" "learning" and several of all the "legal" terms wherein Americans can now travel.

It'll happen though, sooner rather than later.

There needs to be a US Embassy first, once that is done, then possibly. My guess would be 2017, and very VERY dependent on who wins the election next year. That's my guess. I actually received an email the other day from an agency we've used in the past, it had an 8-day cruise to Cuba, for reasonable money, but on some foreign/Greek cruise line. It was a Cuba-only itinerary, stopping at several different ports, with a 2-day stay in Havana. It was very interesting how it was worded to make it legal, all tours that were included were "cultural" "learning" and several of all the "legal" terms wherein Americans can now travel.

It'll happen though, sooner rather than later.

It isn't the President, it is Congress. There is a law that specifically prohibits it and is the source of the embargo against Cuba.

I wouldn't count on Congress overturning that ban anytime soon.

Cool, my neck of the woods, just went scuba diving there this weekend, its a nice beach.