Moko Jumbie or Irie Lime with Blue Water Safaris

Snorkel Mom

We are a party of 6 wanting to take a full day catamaran snorkel to Nevis next April. Because we are the only ship in port that day(RCI Adventure of the Seas), we have the option of booking with Blue Water Safaris instead of with the ship(they're using Leeward Charters). How many people are usually on Blue Water Safaris' biggest catamaran, Irie Lime? Does ir feel crowded? We're not liking the large crowds . The Moko Jumbie is an option as a private tour with a max of 12 people, but this smaller cat doesn't have the netting to lie on. Not sure if this is a big deal, Somebody sell me on one of these options....small cat or big cat with netting??????Thanks

You asked a great question, and I too share the same concerns. I hope someone answers this question soon. My first choice was Leeward Island Charters, so I emailed them, only to learn that they only book through the ship...disappointing.

• 1 month later...
We are a party of 6 wanting to take a full day catamaran snorkel to Nevis next April. Because we are the only ship in port that day(RCI Adventure of the Seas), we have the option of booking with Blue Water Safaris instead of with the ship(they're using Leeward Charters). How many people are usually on Blue Water Safaris' biggest catamaran, Irie Lime? Does ir feel crowded? We're not liking the large crowds . The Moko Jumbie is an option as a private tour with a max of 12 people, but this smaller cat doesn't have the netting to lie on. Not sure if this is a big deal, Somebody sell me on one of these options....small cat or big cat with netting??????Thanks

My group of 6 were on the Irie Lime 5/31/14 and had the best time! They will sail with as few as 8 people. Our trip had 14-16(can't quite remember) guests and 3-4 crew members. They were all great, the only name I remember is Cracker, what a great Captain. There was plenty of room for us to spread out on the netting, plenty of Caribbean Rum after snorkeling, and lots of beautiful blue water. Lunch was great too! Shauna was easy to work with, and she's still there. I just reserved our second trip(Full day with lunch to Nevis) for Sept 21. I hope we have the same size or fewer crowd. I will be with a group of 5 and I don't know if anyone else has booked yet. I would definitely recommend booking with Blue Water Safaris.

• 3 weeks later...