RCCL to Alaska - wheelchair Orcas Island?

jackdis

Hi! I'm reaching out for some information for a friend. I'm hoping someone out there can help! Thank you in advance!

They are flying to Seattle, driving to Anacortes, taking the ferry to Orcas Island and driving to Vancouver for the RCCL to Alaska. They have a wheelchair reserved for a member of their party for the cruise, but would really like to have one on Orcas Island.

Does anyone have any personal experience with a reliable company for this? Thank you again!

Hi! I'm reaching out for some information for a friend. I'm hoping someone out there can help! Thank you in advance!

They are flying to Seattle, driving to Anacortes, taking the ferry to Orcas Island and driving to Vancouver for the RCCL to Alaska. They have a wheelchair reserved for a member of their party for the cruise, but would really like to have one on Orcas Island.

Does anyone have any personal experience with a reliable company for this? Thank you again!

Since you are driving from Seattle to Vancouver you might consider calling the rental company you used and asking if it was possible to pick the wheelchair up in Seattle and than leave it on he ship the last of day of the cruise. Of course this would only work if you think there would be enough room in the vehicle to accommodate both the luggage and wheelchair.

Edited by xxoocruiser

On your other thread someone suggested calling the Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce which is probably a good idea. I gave you a link to a business in Anacortes who does wheelchair repairs who may have a rental. Whomever or wherever you are staying with may have an idea where you might rent or borrow. The population of Orcas is pretty small but there may be a church, service club, senior center, medical clinic or rental shop that might have one.