Taxi to and from sapphire beach?

moesyk4

We are thinking about taking the New Horizons day sail out of Sapphire Beach. I know we will be able to take a taxi there, but are there taxis readily available at pick up or is it one of the beaches you have to schedule a pick up?

Taxis usually stop in Sapphire to return folks to the ships and depending on your BOB time you can probably just walk to the taxi pick-up area by the beach, a 5 min walk. You may want to schedule a pick-up to be safe. When we took the NH out while staying at Sapphire day visitors had a taxi return for them because they were cutting it a little close. So if your return is tight scheduling a pick-up may be a good idea. I believe we returned at 4PM, great day and an amazing lunch.

Have fun!

We are thinking about taking the New Horizons day sail out of Sapphire Beach. I know we will be able to take a taxi there, but are there taxis readily available at pick up or is it one of the beaches you have to schedule a pick up?

We grabbed a taxi from the port area and he dropped us off at Sapphire Beach. When we were ready to return we let the gentleman at the rental shack know and he arranged for a taxi to pick us up. On the return trip the driver asked if we'd like to see something of St. Thomas before returning to the ship. For a surprisingly low amount, ($20?), we got the nickle tour of the island. :cool:

• 1 month later...
We grabbed a taxi from the port area and he dropped us off at Sapphire Beach. When we were ready to return we let the gentleman at the rental shack know and he arranged for a taxi to pick us up. On the return trip the driver asked if we'd like to see something of St. Thomas before returning to the ship. For a surprisingly low amount, ($20?), we got the nickle tour of the island. :cool:

We are booking New Horizons in September and hoping to get a little tour of the island as well. either on our way or on the way back.

How long is the taxi ride from cruise port to the marina? We dock at 8 and have to be back on the ship by 5.

thanks

20 min to Sapphire and a little longer back to the cruise dock if there's traffic which is usually the case.

We took the NH out while staying at Sapphire and I believe we were out from 10 - 4, does that sound right? Do you depart at 6PM? If so you should be fine.

20 min to Sapphire and a little longer back to the cruise dock if there's traffic which is usually the case.

We took the NH out while staying at Sapphire and I believe we were out from 10 - 4, does that sound right? Do you depart at 6PM? If so you should be fine.

Yes we depart at 6.