Shore Excursions on Grand Cayman

LEMJMcC

The wife and I are wanting to explore Grand Cayman Island when the Freedom of the Seas visits it. We'd like to rent a couple of scooters to travel about on our own. We'd also like to spend a few hours on a beach or two.

• Has anyone had a particularly positive or negative experience with scooter rentals?
  • Who would you recommend?
  • Any to avoid?
  • Which beach(es) would you recommend for lazing about, swimming, and maybe some snorkeling?
  • Finally, any good restaurant recommendations for lunch?

We plan to eat supper on the ship.

Gracias.

Edited by LEMJMcC

Seven Mile Beach is the best.

I do not recommend renting scooters in Grand Cayman. If you do, Cayman Auto Rental has them. Drivers have little regard for scooters and traffic is bad so tempers get short. You can rent a car for less. Last I recall, scooters were $40 for the day. Renting a car is cheaper, and safer.

Wherever you eat in Grand Cayman prepare yourself for a whopping bill. Had lunch with my wife a couple years back at Hard Rock. Burgers, fries, and sodas for each, tab was $50 before tipping. GC has its own currency by the way. Yes, they take U.S. dollars.

Edited by cruisingsince94

7 Mile Beach is almost 7 miles long (but not quite!), and there are many different named beaches along it's length...any of the access point will offer chair/umbrella rentals, and there are restrooms and restaurants all up and down the beach. And yes...everything is pricey there...it's a very expensive place! The Banking Capital of the Caribbean!