How is the Explorer of the Seas?

I got off Monday and can completely confirm there is a fresh egg station in the windjammer for fried eggs and great omelettes.

Any more questions please feel free to ask.

Well you must of been on a different ship to us, we walked around the windjammer every morning looking for the fried egg station. Yes they had scrambled egg, made from powdered egg I suspect. Didn't see any omelettes, being made freshly.

So weird they said to me definitely on the ship. Is there more than one explorer of the sea? The pics are still on their website think they need to do an update if it is gone!!

So weird they said to me definitely on the ship. Is there more than one explorer of the sea? The pics are still on their website think they need to do an update if it is gone!!

Most RCI call centre staff wouldn't have a clue what is available onboard. Most probably have never set foot on their own ship before. They probably just go by their out of date script.

Omelettes along the back wall people queuing to get them . I'm beginning to doubt my sanity now what wooden boat shape on the pool deck there was definitely a small pool with kids jumping in and a hot tub. Wish I'd taken pictures now but don't like to when there's kids around.

Well you must of been on a different ship to us, we walked around the windjammer every morning looking for the fried egg station. Yes they had scrambled egg, made from powdered egg I suspect. Didn't see any omelettes, being made freshly.

We got off the Explorer on Monday and I can confirm there were definitely fresh omelettes being served in the Windjammer. It was only on one side of the Windjammer. I think it was the same station that did the "create your own Pizza" in the evenings.

Sorry but it has gone, just a wooden type boat shape, taking up space.

Just read the latest review on here (not child friendly)

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=507395

It seems that younger children who are not fully toilet trained are excluded from the pools, even with swimming nappies etc....as there also appears to be no designated kids pool this is a little worrying. How are we expected to make our 18 month old granddaughter understand that she can't go in the water (which she loves) when other (older) children are in the pool having fun?

What do other family's with toddlers think about this?

It really is short sighted of RCI for removing to kiddies pool. More than likely to accommodate the FlowRider and no space to put the kiddies pool back.

Read a review somewhere that someone brought onboard a paddling pool and set up on the pool deck. Had pool staff with buckets filled up the paddling pool for them.

I think what the above poster is trying to say that in the right hand pool there is a kind of shallow part that is around 4 foot in length and width before the pool drops into the main pool. This area is covered by a few inches of water.

There is the same on the other pool but smaller and yes my kids did paddle their feet in it as its big enough for this. As did many other small children.

We got off on the 29th June.

And as I said before above there are two chefs in the windjammer at the back cooking fried eggs and omelettes fresh, I should know I had one nearly everyday:)

Happy to answer any other questions, have also just posted a review, not up yet.

I travelled with my wife and two boys 3 and 2 and had a great time.

Just back from 12 night Canaries and North Africa cruise. We found everything was OK after the refit. Believe they added more staterooms and think this might be the reason why some overcrowding occurred in Windjammer, bars etc. sometimes difficult to get a seat but overall nothing really to complain about. Interested to see someone commented on no egg station in Windjammer. Not sure where they were looking but I had a delicious, fresh cooked omelette every day! Wouldn't have any problem going on Explorer in the future.

We went in May shortly after the refit and the egg station was at the rear part of the windjammer right in the centre where they carved meat at lunch

Well all I can say is that they must have moved it somewhere totally out of the way by 9.30am as it wasn;t there then.

In our option RCC have more to be concerned about than egg stations. Food in the Windjammer was nearly exactly the same everyday. The Food in the MDR had very limited menus, unlike they used too. Things that used to be included now extra. Entertainment very under par especially by the inhouse singers and dancers. All they did in their 3 shows was the same old music, 30,40's era. Nothing different. Some of the singers that where in the pub and bars were not very good. There were 2/3 exceptions who were very good. What is going to happen when the oil prices go up, they are very low at the moment, but they are still cutting back, when the oil price rises, there is only two things they can do, put the cost of the cruises up, or cut back even more on what they offer. Even some of the staff were saying that they didn't like having to cut back on what they were able to offer or do for the customers.

It is becoming quite obvious that RCC are not to bothered in keeping their loyal customers, they have already stated that they are after the younger generation, those that will cruise once or twice and then go on to something different. They will not realise what is being cut back on every year.

I also hope that the Chinese market doesn't turn round and bite them where it hurts, if the Chinese keep upsetting the Americans with there building of Military Islands, for the want of a better word then something not nice might follow. They do seem to be putting a lot of their eggs in one basket.

I hear people saying, Well if you don't like it go elsewhere' Well after this years holiday, seeing how much further they have gone down hill in under a year, here is one family who will be going elsewhere from now on, we thinks.

There is one very big ps to what I have just said, and that is the staff that work on the Explorer, they are 100% can't be faulted. They work a 6 month contact, aleast 12hrs per day, 7 days a week - no days off. For this they get next to nothing, not even a proper wage, can't see many of the passengers doing the same.

• 11 months later...