Luggage - suiters?

chrismch

We've upgraded to rolling suiters for our hanging clothes but aren't happy with how they turn out once opened and put up in the closet. Is there a way to pack shirts in a suiter so they don't get rumpled? Or is it the suiter? Any suggestions? So who out there likes their luggage?:p

I agree with Valentine's Mom. I am not going to bother ironing ALL my clothes before I pack them this time around. They only end up wrinkled when they are unpacked anyway! :( Who wants to be ironing on our vacation?!!! I didn't find the prices that expensive for just pressing clothes. Hanging them up in the bathroom when the shower is on sometimes helps too!

Bobbie :)

Actually, we've had the best luck with having DHs shirts laundered and boxed to pack in a garment bag. We have side pockets on the outside of the suiter, we just put them in there (without the box!). If you don't want to go that way, leave the plastic dry cleaning bag over the shirt, it won't wrinkle that way. We pack everything in dry cleaner bags in our garment bags.

I agree that for men's dress shirts the folded/boxed option is the best. For the jacket and pants of the suit the creases usually seem to show up at the fold points of the garment - i.e. if it's fold in thirds to fit in the case you'll have two major crease/wrinkle areas.

My friend just bought a Travelpro 22" roll-on that has a suit bag insert and its design could be copied. They build in two padded bars below the hanger area - each one 1/3 of the way from the end (hope you can picture this). The suirt is laid in with hanger and secure to hanger holder. Then the two padded bars (which could be replicated with a wooden dowel that has foam padding around it) are secured in place and the bag zipped shut. When it's fold to go into its pouch in the cover of the roll-on the padded bars are at the fold points. The suit is forced to a short arc on the fold instead of a flat crease. He's tested it already and says it work great.

Go to this link, scroll about half way down the page and look for the "view all images" link on the left side. Then click on the picture of the suit bag insert. It's much easier than trying to visualize it from my description :-)

http://www.luggageonline.com/product.cfm?ProductID=3817&tab=1&Brand_ID=33&catID=0

I'm going to try replicating this idea in my existing roll-on for my tux and also a jacket I plan to bring on my next cruise.

I swear by dry cleaning bags.... They really do work and found that info right here on these boards..... Go to your local dry cleaner and ask for as many as you need, But warning if you ask for too many they charge at least mine did, I asked for 15 of each size...Long and short.... Put all shirts and formal wear you do not want wrinkled in the garment bag or suiter on A hanger... It does work...

"Put all shirts and formal wear you do not want wrinkled in the garment bag or suiter on A hanger... It does work..."

jagmanss1 - Do you put everyone on A hanger? Or is this a specific type of hanger? Sorry if this is a silly question--I just want to make sure.

Bobbie :)

Archived