Getting off the Sunshine in Aruba

bubbles4ever

My husband and I will be on the Sunshine in October. We are in Aruba from 1pm to 10 pm. I've reserved an excursion on Aruba Trikes and reading some of the reviews I'm wondering if I should cancel. Reason being I've read where getting off the ship there is really slow. Our excursion starts at 1:30. Thank you for any advise you can give me.

My experience in Aruba getting off the Sunshine was indeed slow. I think it has to do with the time because everybody is up and ready to go. Once we got in line to get off it was right at about an hour before we actually got off the ship.

If the people that run the excursion want cruisers to use their services, they will wait until you have get off the ship to leave. We took a different excursion in Aruba, but the tour leaders knew to wait for us.

One thing that I learned was to do any shopping before reentering the ship. We went to our normal 6:00 dinner time. We left the ship at 7:45 to go shopping in port. Almost all stores were closed. There were a few street vendors still open, but they only had a single light bulb to light their venue. It was almost impossible to see their merchandise or the prices.

It's been our experience that even the private tour companies know when the ships are expected and how much time it normally takes their clients to disembark from particular ships. It shouldn't be a problem if you get in the line as soon as it forms.

To ease your mind ... email the company you booked with and mention your concern. (be sure to mention the date and time of expected arrival as well as the name of the ship) They should be able to affirm they'll be waiting. You may even want to do a follow-up email to them the week before you are arriving just for your peace of mind.:)

Don't worry, they will meet you at the end of the road, right were the ship docks and you will have a blast.

It is one of the best excursions we have been on.

Bring a refillable water bottle with you (wide mouth) and fill it with lots of ice and some water before you leave the ship.

Riding was great but very hot when we stopped.

So glad we had those water bottles.

There have a small storage compartment in the back of the bike but there is room where you sit for camera and water.:)

We just did the trikes back in May. Our ship was over an hour late getting into port due to weather during the night....I figured we had missed being able to go on this but they were there waiting for us....they knew what time the ship was due in....This was by far one of the best excursion we have done ! You will love it !

Thank you, you guys are giving me hope that we can still pull this excursion off. :)

Thrust me. Every excursion operator, ship sponsored or not knows exactly when the ship comes into port. ;)

My husband and I will be on the Sunshine in October. We are in Aruba from 1pm to 10 pm. I've reserved an excursion on Aruba Trikes and reading some of the reviews I'm wondering if I should cancel. Reason being I've read where getting off the ship there is really slow. Our excursion starts at 1:30. Thank you for any advise you can give me.

We just did the Sunshine 3 weeks ago. Got off the ship after any priority debarks, walked out of the terminal to the main street and were met by ATrikes team with name signs. Piece of cake. No worries. They will wait for added 30 minutes. Even though we breezed off the boat there were some that did not and since they orient you to the trikes, we waited for the others before departing.

Thanks for asking that question. We are going in August and we are booked on the Trikes Tour. My husband is looking forward to it and like any kid he will throw a fit if we miss it. LOL. I will email them just to make sure.

Dress in light weight clothes and use sunscreen. A hat is good. Sitting behind my husband I managed to keep a visor on.

It was so hot and humid when we went that out clothes were soaked when we were done.

It was a blast! :D

Did you book thru Carnival???? If not I still wouldn't worry, even the private excursion company's want to please, it's their lively hood. I would not worry, BE HAPPY!!!

This excursion is wonderful. We went last year. The tour will wait, just keep their phone number handy in case u need to call. Last year, the tour operator was late due to road construction. Another tour operator offered to call them for us to check their status. It all worked out. Do NOT forget the sunscreen and enjoy!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Thanks for asking that question. We are going in August and we are booked on the Trikes Tour. My husband is looking forward to it and like any kid he will throw a fit if we miss it. LOL. I will email them just to make sure.

Let me know how you enjoyed it.