Gifts at the Royal Court Royal Tea

WanderLit

I'm seriously considering taking my granddaughter to the Royal Tea on our Disney Fantasy cruise next year. While the price tag is dear, I only have one grandchild and can afford to lavish the extra pixie dust on her.

Regarding the gifts the children receive at the tea: Are they standard Disney merchandise anyone could purchase in the gift shoppe? Or are they unique collectables or limited edition products?

Are any of the gifts collectors' items only available through the Royal Tea experience?

I have searched previous posts about this event but have not seen this specific question addressed, I apologize if it has already been discussed.

Thanks,

WL

They are not things that you can buy in the gift shop (although obviously you can buy similar items). "Collectible" or "limited edition" is mostly in the eye of the beholder. Are you going to take your grand to the event and then not allow her to play with the treasures so that they can be re-sold? If so, you are going to have a very upset child. On the other hand, once she plays with them, the resale value is nil. Everything Disney sells is a "limited edition" in some sense. The question is whether the manufacturing run was limited to 5,000 or 5,000,000. But yes, most of the stuff is only available at this tea or thru resale channels.

The "stuff" that she will get is in no way comparable to the cost of this event. You are going for the experience...for the fact that she will be one of a relatively small number of kids who have paid for this time with the princesses.

Edited by moki'smommy

They are not things that you can buy in the gift shop (although obviously you can buy similar items). "Collectible" or "limited edition" is mostly in the eye of the beholder. Are you going to take your grand to the event and then not allow her to play with the treasures so that they can be re-sold? If so' date=' you are going to have a very upset child. On the other hand, once she plays with them, the resale value is nil. Everything Disney sells is a "limited edition" in some sense. The question is whether the manufacturing run was limited to 5,000 or 5,000,000. But yes, most of the stuff is only available at this tea or thru resale channels.

The "stuff" that she will get is in no way comparable to the cost of this event. You are going for the experience...for the fact that she will be one of a relatively small number of kids who have paid for this time with the princesses.[/quote']

No worries, moki'smommy. My little sage bunny has a much too highly developed sense of justice to put up any such shenanigans! :)

As you said, the additional cost is for the rarified privilege of the experience. But just like Cinderella got to keep her rare glass slipper as a unique memento of her grand ball, It does make the price tag easier to accept knowing my little sage bunny's keepsakes from this event are set apart as special to the event as well.

~WL