Getaway 2 bedroom family suite (H4) questions.

talyman2001

I have some questions regarding the suite specifically and a general question. My wife and I are thinking of taking her parents, her sister and our niece on a cruise on the Getaway. We think we like the H4 suite, but I have some questions.

1. How noisy is it in that room? Specifically, does noise travel between the bedrooms? My sis-in-law likes to watch movies at night and we want to make sure that the parents can sleep undisturbed.

2. Can an adult and a child (13) sleep comfortably in the second room?

3. Does the second bedroom have a television for said movie watching?

Kind of a separate note. If you were one of the above parties and were receiving this, would you rather be in a suite with the other family members (they don't always get along very well), or would you rather have your own room? We will be traveling in a suite (we have been spoiled by the perks for sure!) Would you be grateful for the two bedroom suite, or resentful of the fact that we did not spring for the separate suites?

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite on the Breakaway which is the same as the Getaway. The second bedroom does have its own TV. We only had one person staying in the second bedroom and she had plenty of space. I think at night with the extra bed pulled down from the ceiling it would be a little tighter, but doable.

We had no noise issues at all. I went to bed early in the living room and my travel mates stayed up late watching TV in their rooms and I never heard a thing. In the morning I would make coffee with the Lavazza machine and it did not wake them up. It is the best room on the ship in my opinion!

OP, just checking, it sounds like you are thinking this suite sleeps 2(bedroom 1)+2 (sofabed lounge)+2(teen+sis in Bedroom 2) - and sorry if I've not understood that right? But it actually sleeps 2(bedroom 1)+1 (single lounge sofabed)+3(double bedroom 2 sofabed+pull down bed in bedroom 2). Will that work for you?

We stayed 4 of us in the Epic 2BR and that second bedroom would be fine for an adult and child (perfect), but you'll not have enough beds if you do that. You'll need 2 adults in there + a child.

We are planning on taking 6 of us on the Getaway in a 2BR and the grandparents will stay in bedroom 2 with a child. (Not to hijack, but does anyone know how the ladder up to the bunk fits in when the room is set up for 3, and if you can actually access the 2nd bathroom with the bed down as a double?).

It will be very tight I know but we would rather stay in 1 suite in the Haven than 2 regular cabins and can't afford 2 Haven suites. So we are happy to stay like that. We do all get on though!