?'s about Aft Suites on Spirit

logcabin

We just booked our 2006 cruise on the Spirit out of NYC. We have an Aft AD suite 9710. My question is, while out on the balcony during the day, can you hear noise from the Kids pool one deck above? We enjoy peaceful times and naps on our balcony during the day and was wondering if this will be a problem. Also, I'm looking for photos of this suite if anyone has them. Any other information regarding this suite would be apprciated as well.

Thanks.

Hi,

We are also booked on the Spirit in an AD Penthouse sailing September 24, 2006. Is that your week as well? If so we will be neighbors we are in in cabin 9210. I am putting a link at the bottom of this post it is a great site and will show you virtual tours of the whole ship. Great to see all cruise line ships virtual tours as well. The AD cabins are the virtual tour marked under Penthouse bedroom and Penthouse living room. I know it is the room because I have searched the cruise critic threads and found many pictures. The one thing I read is this ship was originally designed in Asia and each suite is named and has a different designed decor but quite fancy it appears than most ships. We are sailing in 2 weeks on the Crown from Philly and next year will be our first sailing out of New York. Looking forward to both but the Spirit is a much larger ship. We sailed the Sun at Easter in an AD penthouse and had a great time. Hope this helps, Happy Sailing!

http://www.americasvacationcenter.com/cruises/ship_info.cfm?csid=624&action=csr

kd6183, you have been a great help. Thank you. Our cruise is booked for July 22 of 2006. Nearly a year away. But, it gives me lots of time to research. I am a research freak. By the time we went on the Dawn the first time, I knew where everything was, etc. My wife was amazed. I took her on a tour of the ship like I had been on her before.

After having a suite, it's tough to even think about going back to a regular cabin. My wife and I really enjoy private time and aren't really into a lot of onboard activities. So, suites are really good for us since we spend more time in them and on our balcony. A nice size balcony, a comfortable lounge chair and a bucket of beer is all I nned.

Hi,

Glad to hear the links were helpful to you. My husband and I are research freaks as well. He buys all the Frommer's books to research the destinations and excursions and I research the ships and suites. Once I find a great link I bookmark it and compare all the cabins and pick the exact cabin number when booking. We are even sailing a week later than we wanted to Bermuda just so we could get the cabin we preferred. My husband and I prefer a balcony as well becuase we do not usually attend the shows either and do spend a great deal of time on the balcony. We cruise with our 2 teenagers once a year at Easter and now are taking a second sailing each year for our Anniversary. We just love it! No better way to travel. Go to sleep in one place and wake up in another, who could ask for more than that. Well Happy Sailing to you and everyone!

Royal Caribbean '01

Holland America '02

Holland America '03

Holland America' 04

Norwegian '05

Norwegian '05

Princess '06

Norwegian '06

Logcabin/KD6183

Have a wonderful time on the Spirit in your AD suites, we did on our 17 day cruise Miami to LA via the Panama Canal , My wife and I stayed in 9212 Gemini suite and our friends were in 9210 both are very much alike ,9212 a little larger and 9210 having the small corridor

What better way to spend part of a sea day then laying in the bubble bath in the suite with a nice bottle of your favourite drink watching the ships wake

This is not a put off but take with you some of the soft ear plugs, you will thank me later

if you have not looked at shipscafe.com yet do so lots /lots of photos on the Spirit

ENJOYicon7.gif

pitcairn; why the ear plugs? Is this due to the vibration when sailing at full speed?.. That won't bother me. I just don't want to hear screaming kids from the pool area above during the day. Or people running and jumping around up there at night. I asked about that on another thread and someone who stayed in those suites said you couldn't hear anything from above. Is this true, I hope? How large are the balconies in these suites? We enjoy private time with each other. So, the suites and balconies are important to us. Other then the shows, we really don't participate in on board activities. We prefer to relax and enjoy our suite. So, to us it's worth the extra money for a suite. Plus, you can't beat the perks.

Greetings from Scotland

the AD suites have a balcony size of about 16-18 foot long x 4 wide the full width of the suites with reflective glass, very private unless your neighbours choose to lean out over there balconies to view you. total privacy from all other areas .

ear plugs very usefull for night time due to vibration when the ship is at full speed, you tend to get annoying rattles from the fittings in the suites,

other then that there were no issues from any other area

take into account that the Spirit is due a refit prior your cruise

Hope this helps,,, need more just ask

pitcairn: Thanks so much, again. I have another question. I see that listed in the suite amenities is 1 TV. I know there is a larger TV in the living room. Is there no TV in the bedroom? My wife and I love to end a day lounging in bed, watching TV and reading over the Freestyle Daily for the next day. Your from Scotland... WOW! Colin Kerr, our favorite NCL Cruise Director, is from Scotland. Did you fly all the way over just to sail on the Spirit?

Hello again from the home of golf

Logcabin yes you have a small tv in the bedroom, you also have a dvd player in the sitting room there is a large dvd library, dvds via your butler, yes all the way from Scotland but worth IT we did 2 nights Miami 17 nights cruise Panama Canal then stayed 4 nights in LA then flew home to Scotland, we enjoyed it so much that if you would like to stay home and donate my wife and i your cruise tickets we would happily fly back :D

Archived