Bus tour of Bermuda

BiancaV

I was trying to book a tour excursion but it looks like the taxi tour is only available on Sunday or we can do the bus tour on Monday. My main concern was the stores being closed on Sunday in Hamilton. I didn't know how long the bus tour actually stayed in Hamilton because obviously hanging out there when everything is closed wouldn't make sense. Also is it worth it to do a tour on Sunday?

I was trying to book a tour excursion but it looks like the taxi tour is only available on Sunday or we can do the bus tour on Monday. My main concern was the stores being closed on Sunday in Hamilton. I didn't know how long the bus tour actually stayed in Hamilton because obviously hanging out there when everything is closed wouldn't make sense. Also is it worth it to do a tour on Sunday?

The only stores that will be open on Sunday are those at the Dockyard. The stores in Hamilton will be closed, except for grocery stores. I would take the bus tour on Monday. We were there in April and on our bus tour we did not have very much time in Hamilton, or anywhere else for that matter.

If you want something to do on Sunday visit the National Museum right there at the Dockyard. It was really interesting. Also, Dolphin Quest is housed within the museum. They have a great program. You can make reservations to swim with the dolphins. If you don't want to do that all museum guests can watch the dolphins. The staff at Dolphin Quest will answer any questions you may have, even if you are not paying for their program. Make sure you go up on the top of the fort and check out the gun turrets and the sheep and goats eating the grass up there. When you are finished there, head across the street to the Craft Market and then visit the other stores up by the Clocktower. There is also a beach by the museum.

Just got off the break away from Bermuda last week. A friend of mine took a bus tour around the island. She bragged about it and couldn't get enough. If you Google Byway Tours Bermuda the info will come up. The ladies name is Hiedi. She charges $100 and picks you up at the port and drops you off at the port. Lunch is included in the price. She stops at a local place to order the food. My friend said the food was amazing. It's an intimate ride of 6-7 people. She stops EVERYWHERE!!

Just got off the break away from Bermuda last week. A friend of mine took a bus tour around the island. She bragged about it and couldn't get enough. If you Google Byway Tours Bermuda the info will come up. The ladies name is Hiedi. She charges $100 and picks you up at the port and drops you off at the port. Lunch is included in the price. She stops at a local place to order the food. My friend said the food was amazing. It's an intimate ride of 6-7 people. She stops EVERYWHERE!!

Thanks for the tip! There would be two of us. Is that $100 total or per person?

We are taking a tour with Heidi in August. It's $100 per person. She was already booked two of the three days we are in Bermuda, so book early. You don't pay until you get there.

We are taking a tour with Heidi in August. It's $100 per person. She was already booked two of the three days we are in Bermuda, so book early. You don't pay until you get there.

That's when we'll be there. We're going the week of the 21st. I have a $75 ship excursion credit though. She sounds really good though. Now as usual I'm going back and forth! Not sure if the buses the cruise offers would be as good?

My friend could not justify spending $100 per person for a bus tour but afterwards she said it was the best $100 she ever spent. She takes you places the bus or ferry don't go and you can't see along a regular ride. She stops everywhere and explains everything.. I should have went but found out too late.

Contact her to see if she is available before it's too late

Edited by NauticalSmile

A few years ago, we did a similar tour with a mini-bus operator to go to St. George. It was $75.00 pp then, and well worth the cost. The driver took us to so many great places, gave a great history talk and local tips. There were 7 or 8 of us on the bus. No one was ever rushed to get back on. If someone wanted to spend a little more time at a spot, he waited. The only time he went looking for someone was when we when to Fort St. Catherine. We had already been there for more than hour and the driver was afraid the person had gotten lost in the fort.