Gem after dry dock

mimmo1974

Hi All,

I'm looking for some direction ...we have booked the Gem from NYC 11/13/15. It appears she may be scheduled for dry dock from the end of October until this sailing date. This makes me nervous. I don't have the best luck and am having anxiety about the renovations running behind and our sailing being effected.

Am I just being irrational? Any advice is appreciated. I still have time to change plans.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm looking for some direction ...we have booked the Gem from NYC 11/13/15. It appears she may be scheduled for dry dock from the end of October until this sailing date. This makes me nervous. I don't have the best luck and am having anxiety about the renovations running behind and our sailing being effected.

Am I just being irrational? Any advice is appreciated. I still have time to change plans.

Thanks!

They had major problems with the Star this year. She should of never sailed after her dry-dock, it took NCL a couple of weeks to work out the kinks and she had to go back to dry-dock before her TA repo. You are well within your cancel period, if you can rebook it for a couple of weeks later, that's what I would do.

Thank you for the input. I did talk to NCL and the woman I spoke to did ease my mind a bit.

I am going to leave the decision of rescheduling up to my husband. His schedule is less flexible then mine should something go wrong at the last minute.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
Running past scheduled dry dock date is a fate worse than death for a cruise line. Canceling cruises is horrific for their bottom line. I'd stay upbeat and positive but to soothe your nerves call them to assure you. [emoji4]

We are also on the first cruise after the Oct/Nov dry dock. Could you tell me who you would call for reassurance and how close to sailing would you call?

Thank you

I am proceeding without a worry.(did that sound convincing?) Made dinner reservations and now planning on what to do at the ports of call. I am excited about being the first sailing after dry dock. Hoping embarkation is even easier without a ship full of people to clear out first.

I have found the most helpful information right here in the forums.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the cruise gods are on my side and everything goes off without a hitch.

Trying not to worry about something I have no control over.

I am proceeding without a worry.(did that sound convincing?) Made dinner reservations and now planning on what to do at the ports of call. I am excited about being the first sailing after dry dock. Hoping embarkation is even easier without a ship full of people to clear out first.

I have found the most helpful information right here in the forums.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the cruise gods are on my side and everything goes off without a hitch.

Trying not to worry about something I have no control over.

I think you have the right attitude and will adopt your positive thinking. However, since my sister worries over things like this, I think I will keep this information to myself until we are actually boarding the ship. And let her be pleasantly surprised at a redecorated suite! And, I got us the spa passes as an added surprise!

I think you have the right attitude and will adopt your positive thinking. However, since my sister worries over things like this, I think I will keep this information to myself until we are actually boarding the ship. And let her be pleasantly surprised at a redecorated suite! And, I got us the spa passes as an added surprise!

We are in a 2 bdrm suite in February and cannot wait to see the new décor. That green and hot pink had to go :)

We are also on the first cruise after the Oct/Nov dry dock. Could you tell me who you would call for reassurance and how close to sailing would you call?

Thank you

You can call your TA or NCL anytime! Go with your comfort level, but all should be ok. Perhaps give yourself a "do or die" date to decide. If you're not comfy w the answers from NCL then cancel.

I am scheduled for another Gem trip in January and I cannot wait!

Good Luck!