Please! Please! More sunshine reviews! Please!

AmberTeka

what with the Pro and Con of the Sunshine.........every review is golden. And people read them a lot.

We sail soon. I will write a review.

To the people who have written reviews..........bless you all.

When people take the time to write those reviews and post them, I really appreciate them. It is like those who have not sailed on a particular ship.....get a pre cruise seminar.

Thanks to all of you

Happy Sails to all of you ,and many more of them for us all.

9 of us took a 5 night on the Sunshine, got off on the 19th. It did NOT feel more crowded than any other cruise we've taken (this was our 6th) except for the Lido Beach Pool on sea day. We even found lounge chairs in the Splash Zone waterpark area on sea day. Loved the more modern look of the ship. The Ocean Plaza area was our favorite feature for listening to live music, karaoke, enjoying our special anniversary cake, etc. Loads of tables & chairs. We'd definitely cruise on the Sunshine again. Just a word of caution: 2 of our rooms were supposed to have TRUNDLE BEDS (Deck 8) but they brought in roll away folding beds which were fine for kids, but would have been horrible for an adult. Carnival needs to advertise these rooms correctly!

9 of us took a 5 night on the Sunshine, got off on the 19th. It did NOT feel more crowded than any other cruise we've taken (this was our 6th) except for the Lido Beach Pool on sea day. We even found lounge chairs in the Splash Zone waterpark area on sea day. Loved the more modern look of the ship. The Ocean Plaza area was our favorite feature for listening to live music, karaoke, enjoying our special anniversary cake, etc. Loads of tables & chairs. We'd definitely cruise on the Sunshine again. Just a word of caution: 2 of our rooms were supposed to have TRUNDLE BEDS (Deck 8) but they brought in roll away folding beds which were fine for kids, but would have been horrible for an adult. Carnival needs to advertise these rooms correctly!

flygirlmare, did you get your grandkids to eat the alligator?

I was also on this cruise and sure there were crowds at times, but everything seemed to move quickly. My biggest problem was that I have to eat gluten free and it wasn't in their records (though it was clearly on my reservation). The first night the guy was great, but after that, not so much. I think if I had chosen a set time, it may have been better since I would have had the same wait staff at dinner each night. Also, the PG comedy show was far from PG. I loved the Styx concert. I would go on the Sunshine again.

what with the Pro and Con of the Sunshine.........every review is golden. And people read them a lot.

When people take the time to write those reviews and post them, I really appreciate them. It is like those who have not sailed on a particular ship.....get a pre cruise seminar.

Thanks to all of you

We did the sunshine in Europe right after her transformation. We think Ji Ji Asian Kitchen may be the best restaurant in the fleet (minus the steakhouse). We had a cloud nine spa balcony and would not recommend it because we prefer the thermal pool which the Sunshine does not have. Secondly we loved the new Serenity deck, however on our one sea day it was completely packed and impossible to get a seat. Secondly, we did not love how the lounge turned into the night club. The Havana bar was a cool add on as we got fresh squeeze orange juice every day. Overall we had mixed feelings about the ship and likely will never sail her

Thank you both for posting those comments.

I LOVE it when folks say they had a good time on the Sunshine.

We sail very soon.

I promise I will write a review.

My Wife and I sailed on her in March and already have a cruise booked on her for next April (9 day Journey cruise).

I thought the ship was great. While it did have some wonky layout issues, overall, it is a very good ship.

I too loved the Ocean Plaza - was there every night listening to the live band they had who were awesome (Run For Cover Band)

You will have fun!

Andy

Edited by Harrier1961

The sunshine seems to be the most polarizing ship out there ! Reports citing sewer smells, overcrowding, long waits for food and entertainment on one hand and reports citing a great variety of venues of things to do leave cruisers baffled.

IMHO, the ship is great to sail on, it's just different. It has more options for food and entertainment while simultaneously limiting public space. So it probably boils down to what is more important to you as a cruiser.

Take the disco for example. On the Sunshine, the theater has flexible seating and turns into a night club at a later hour, essentially creating more space for an additional venue. So yes, the ship will have a more crowded feel than a ship where one would look inside the theater and see that it is empty for a good amount of time during the day.

I will be back on the Sunshine soon and will issue a full review !

Sail on !

Thanks to all of you

We are finishing ours, from our late May sailing, but will not be posting it on this board. I can PM the location when complete, if you're interested.

Edited by eponym

AmberTeka, don't believe all that you read. Go with an open mind and that you are on vacation and you will have a blast. Lots to do and see and more food options than any other ship in the fleet. I just got off the Sunshine and will be doing a review in the next week.

AmberTeka, don't believe all that you read.

Are you implying some reviewers are lying in their Sunshine reviews? I don't know why anyone would do that, unless they were employees of either Carnival or their competitors and were trying to surreptitiously either promote or denigrate the ship, but that seems rather unlikely.

I don't see any reason to doubt the reviews are authentic. I would believe them.

Sailed 9 Carnival ships and Sunshine is our favorite. However, with that being said, no one on this board knows me or anything about my likes or dislikes.

I read the reviews because they entertain me. Again, because I know no one on this board....I would never....I mean never...good, bad or ugly....let anyone's review that I don't know influence a cruise I choose to book !!!

We sailed her in October. Pros: very pretty ship, loved our aft balcony, food was good, entertainment was good as well. Cons: the lido deck restaurant lacked air conditioning and so did other areas of the ship which made it a bit sticky at times (including our room) We did not like the wait nor the layout of the comedy club. Go early and be prepared to wait outside the doors down the hot hallway with lots of other folks. Other than those few minor details we did enjoy her and would sail in her again. You just go with the flow and make the most of it. No use composting, you're on vacation. Happy sailing. PS we so have some pics!

We sailed the sunshine Feb 2014, John H's Bloggers cruise. WE had a great time. We now an have an 8 day family cruise booked for Nov 2015, 2 cabins. Let me start by saying there are more new positives than negatives about this ship. All of the leaks have been corrected. The theater is used for shows and a night club. This is a major change but for me, it's not a big deal. Ji Ji at night is wonderful dinning experience. During the day the Havana Bar area is a great place for a not so crowded breakfast or lunch. The Serenity Deck area is cool but can get crowded, still a great place. We have cruised on 26 carnival cruises, big and small and for me the Sunshine is in my top 5. You will find people will love the Sunshine or hate it. It is what you expect from the ship/cruise. The crowds on sea days are no better or worse than any of the other Carnival or Norwegian ships I have sailed. Any cruise is a great cruise. Find out for yourself if this ship meets you expectations. :cool: :cool:

We sailed the sunshine Feb 2014, John H's Bloggers cruise. WE had a great time. We now an have an 8 day family cruise booked for Nov 2015, 2 cabins. Let me start by saying there are more new positives than negatives about this ship. All of the leaks have been corrected. The theater is used for shows and a night club. This is a major change but for me, it's not a big deal. Ji Ji at night is wonderful dinning experience. During the day the Havana Bar area is a great place for a not so crowded breakfast or lunch. The Serenity Deck area is cool but can get crowded, still a great place. We have cruised on 26 carnival cruises, big and small and for me the Sunshine is in my top 5. You will find people will love the Sunshine or hate it. It is what you expect from the ship/cruise. The crowds on sea days are no better or worse than any of the other Carnival or Norwegian ships I have sailed. Any cruise is a great cruise. Find out for yourself if this ship meets you expectations. :cool: :cool:

[emoji106]🏻