GAPearl's "MAGIC"al Birthday Cruise! Complete Magic picture review-6/14/15 sailing.

gapearl

My name is Kimberly, and if you haven't figured it out yet, I live in Georgia. Traveling is literally 100% of my life as I work as a flight attendant and take A LOT of vacations. This was trip #3 for me this year. I won't name my airline on here (it falls somewhere on the list between Air Tahiti and Yemen Airways), but if you ever see me on your plane, tell me you read my review and maybe I'll sling you an extra bag of peanuts. lol Even though I look really young (so I've been told), I turned 35 on this cruise. This was my 13th time sailing Carnival. To those of you who have been asking for a travel blog from me, I was hoping to have it done before this review, but it's only about 75% finished. It's getting there I promise! And for those of you who have asked over the years and might be wondering if I've found love yet, the answer is still no. Single and holding for 5 years now. I got 99 problems but.... Nope, just got the 99 problems.

Still on for the REVIEW, even if you are still single... Maybe we will read about a new love interest in this review???? Do you still communicate with the mystery man????

That pink cocktiail dress is beautiful and the aqua one equally so! Where do you shop for your cruise dresses? I stepped up my cruise dress game on my last cruise (thanks to you!), but your dresses are always on point and so flattering!

You gotta let me know how you like MSC. I haven't heard the best reviews about them. When is that cruise? I'm looking forward to trying Royal again. I really had fun when I was on the Navigator. We've gotta end up on a ship together again! :)

Kim,

We sailed MSC Divina in the spring. Long story short we loved the cruise. Service was wonderful, the ship was beautiful and although it is VERY subjective, we loved the food. The pizza in the buffet was incredible, we just couldn't eat it enough. I ended up having a slice or two every lunch and supper. The one area that changes the most that you can not control is the other pax on the ship. Our's wasn't so bad but you could tell the difference from a CCL cruise and the European based MSC. At the end of the day, there were still lots of people having a great time. If it's on your radar, I suggest you check out Gambee's review. He did an awesome review, like usual, and doesn't really miss anything, much like your reviews.

Kim,

We were the Make-A-Wish family!

Of course we're reading:-)

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie! :D It was so nice meeting you! I don't think I saw you guys around after the first or second day. I hope you all had as much fun as we did!

We will. Loving the review. Seeing the pictures of Magic is getting me more excited for the cruise.

Which itinerary are you doing again?

We just got off the Fascination this morning and John was one of our comedians for the week. He's hilarious in the adult shows. We took our 13 year old daughter to one of his PG rated shows and he wasn't as funny. You could tell he struggled to keep it clean.

I've never been to any of the PG shows, but I've heard they're borderline R. He truly was a funny guy, and a really nice guy as well.

LOVE the dress.. and Im laughing at the comedian, he was on our Breeze cruise also.

and I think you win Towel animal of the year! That is an awesome one!

I've been jealous of my friends that have come to their rooms and had a towel human like mine. Now I'm not jealous any more! My cabin steward was the best ever. :)

really enjoying your review we are on the magic in October our last cruise with carnival was 7 years ago I have a question if you don't mind you say 98% were dressed for elegant night were many of the men in tuxes my husband doesn't want to look out of place if most men don't wear tuxes he would be happy in trousers and shirt with no tie bit im not sure about this either looking foreward to rest of your review.we will be in Memphis for a few days before the cruise thanks in advance joan

Every once in a while you'll see men wearing a tux, but not that often. Many men wear suits and most ladies will wear nice dresses. He'll be fine wearing a nice button down and slacks. The main thing is just no jeans or shorts that night. Have a great time on your upcoming cruise!

Hey Kim,

I so agree with you! It wouldn't kill them to not be able attend the adult only events and areas! It shows a lack of instilling discipline on the parent's part!

I'm totally enjoying your review by the way!!! :D

I agree 100%. Glad you're enjoying it!

Hi Kim! Great review as always! :)

Just a quick question...you always have fabulous dresses! Where do you usually shop for them? Particularly the dressier ones (although the sun dresses are super cute too!). We're going on the Breeze, 8 Day Southern cruise in October. And I just had a baby last August. Not sure if I'll be able to squeeze into my old cruise-wear by then (although I'm trying my hardest...nothing like the thought of being on a cruise in a bathing suit post-baby with 3000 of your closest friends to motivate a person). If not, I'll be in the market for a few nice dresses...but I don't want to break the bank on them either! Suggestions are more than welcome! :)

Thanks,

Misty

Hi Kim,

Happy Belated Birthday! Always enjoy reading your reviews...Thanks!

Thank you very much!

Hey Kim! This review is "off the chain!" I am cracking up at your comparisons! I loved the one about loving something more than " Kanye loves Kanye."

Ok....you know I love the outfits you wear, and all I can say is that you are on your game as usual. I was laughing to myself thinking, "Leave it to Kim to be dressed so cute in a cute sundress, with a cute bag, even through tropical storm Bill!" If you had to ever be rescued at sea, you would surely be looking good for it, ok??? Lol.

I am waiting to see this beautiful dress that you wore for your birthday! Since I have a preview email description of what you brought for that special night, I want to see how you hooked it up.

When you first told me about the selfie stick, I brought one for my trip I just took to New York. It was great for scanning the crowds in Times Square and at the top on the the One World building. I was able to scan the city more evenly up there when holding the phone on that stick. Thanks for the introduction to this stick.

Waiting for your next installment. :)

My daughter and I enjoyed meeting you in Atlanta. I will let you know when I come back to the area in August to see if you are in town again. Take care, my 2nd daughter.

Momma G.

Hey Gloria! I was almost ready to text you, thinking you hadn't seen the review yet. I remember when the whole Triumph incident went down 2 years ago saying I'd be putting on my makeup before getting off the ship because surely there will be media everywhere! LOL

The birthday dress was perfect! Now I need somewhere else to wear it to eventually. Definitely let me know when you're back in Atlanta! :)

INCHARGE and GAPearl having lunch in Atlanta last month.

41ca9f55-fba9-473d-9175-98f5bac79531_zpsquuu5jwn.jpg

OMG, OMG, OMG...girl I've been waiting for another GaPearl review and look what I found today. I watched the video and can't wait to get started. By the looks of the video, I know you had a WONDERFUL time. By the way...Happy "belated" Birthday. Now on to the review, don't bother me until I'm done reading!

I'm sure some people wear them, but I have never seen a tux on a Carnival ship, and my cruise from Texas was a lot more casual than my other two even. Some men will wear suits, some sport coats, some shirt/tie, some just a polo shirt. You husband will be just fine in trousers and a shirt with no tie, but if you want, convince him to wear a tie :)

If men had to wear tuxes, women need to be dressing in much fancier apparel too. I'm glad we can wear a nice cocktail dress and not a gown!

I usually wear cocktail dresses as well, but I'd love to rock a gown one of these days. I almost did for this cruise since our second elegant night was originally on my birthday before the itinerary change. I noticed more people dressed up for this cruise than my last couple out of Miami. I'm thinking it might be because there were so many new cruisers on this sailing, and the ones out of Miami have the more frequent cruisers that must be over it.

Still on for the REVIEW, even if you are still single... Maybe we will read about a new love interest in this review???? Do you still communicate with the mystery man????

Hey Foxcent, welcome back! Nope, no new love interest on this one and nope, no communication with the last mystery man. I swear if I wasn't allergic to them, I'd go get the cat lady starter kit. lol :p

That pink cocktiail dress is beautiful and the aqua one equally so! Where do you shop for your cruise dresses? I stepped up my cruise dress game on my last cruise (thanks to you!), but your dresses are always on point and so flattering!

Thanks girl! Both of those I found at Bebe. They were marked down and I got an extra 30-50% off the sale price. Maybe for the rest of my posts I'll tell where I got my dresses since everyone seems to love them. :) The dresses from my Splendor cruise mostly came from Cache. I really hate that they went out of business.

Kim,

We sailed MSC Divina in the spring. Long story short we loved the cruise. Service was wonderful, the ship was beautiful and although it is VERY subjective, we loved the food. The pizza in the buffet was incredible, we just couldn't eat it enough. I ended up having a slice or two every lunch and supper. The one area that changes the most that you can not control is the other pax on the ship. Our's wasn't so bad but you could tell the difference from a CCL cruise and the European based MSC. At the end of the day, there were still lots of people having a great time. If it's on your radar, I suggest you check out Gambee's review. He did an awesome review, like usual, and doesn't really miss anything, much like your reviews.

Thanks for the feedback on MSC. I might would give them a try in the future for a European cruise but I don't think they're on my radar at the moment. I'm looking forward to sailing Royal Caribbean again this fall and wouldn't mind trying Princess to Alaska if the price was right. Maybe I'll look up MSC to see if they have any Alaskan sailings. I'm such a picky eater I'd be happy eating grilled chicken, veggies and potatoes every night. Surely they can't mess that up. :)

Hi Kim! Great review as always! :)

Just a quick question...you always have fabulous dresses! Where do you usually shop for them? Particularly the dressier ones (although the sun dresses are super cute too!). We're going on the Breeze, 8 Day Southern cruise in October. And I just had a baby last August. Not sure if I'll be able to squeeze into my old cruise-wear by then (although I'm trying my hardest...nothing like the thought of being on a cruise in a bathing suit post-baby with 3000 of your closest friends to motivate a person). If not, I'll be in the market for a few nice dresses...but I don't want to break the bank on them either! Suggestions are more than welcome! :)

Thanks,

Misty

Hi Misty! Girl get you a spanx and rock some dreses! The two from dinner came off the clearance rack at Bebe, and my maxi dresses came from Old Navy and Target. The long sleeve orange dress I wore in Houston was off a random clearance rack at Macy's. I love Express and have many dresses from there I've brought on cruises. For my last cruise I shopped at Cache, but since they're out of business now I can't say go there. I want to start going to little boutiques around town to find more unique dresses.

OMG, OMG, OMG...girl I've been waiting for another GaPearl review and look what I found today. I watched the video and can't wait to get started. By the looks of the video, I know you had a WONDERFUL time. By the way...Happy "belated" Birthday. Now on to the review, don't bother me until I'm done reading!

Hey girl! Yes I did have a wonderful time! Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'll be getting to the third sea day later tonight and finally on to Montego Bay tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the tip about BeBe. I've shopped from them online, but never visited one of their actual stores. There's a BeBe store in a few malls here (I'm in Atlanta too :) ), so I'll have to check out their stores. I was also a fan of the dresses at Cache and was sad to see them close.

I prepaid $65 (regular price is $70) to park at the Port of Galveston lot right across the street. There are places a few dollars cheaper, but were all sold out by the time looked. I thought the shuttles were like the ones at the airport parking lots where you park and they pick you up at your car. After 3 shuttles drove by me, a guy directed me to a different area where he said I'll get picked up with others. I didn't see a designated waiting area or other people. I asked another guy where to go, and he turned out to be just as clueless and offered little help. I had to flag down a driver myself. He was headed back with an empty shuttle and I was grateful that he was willing to take care of me.

How far in advance did you book parking? This will be first port that I will be reserving parking and really want to get parking across the road so that we do not have to deal with shuttle.

Thanks

P.S. Loving your review. Will not be on the Magic till the end of November and it cannot get here soon enough :).

I usually wear cocktail dresses as well, but I'd love to rock a gown one of these days. I almost did for this cruise since our second elegant night was originally on my birthday before the itinerary change. I noticed more people dressed up for this cruise than my last couple out of Miami. I'm thinking it might be because there were so many new cruisers on this sailing, and the ones out of Miami have the more frequent cruisers that must be over it.

Hey Foxcent, welcome back! Nope, no new love interest on this one and nope, no communication with the last mystery man. I swear if I wasn't allergic to them, I'd go get the cat lady starter kit. lol :p

LOL, I do not know what is wrong with the men in your city or on the ships because you are a very attractive young lady....... I love your style.....

Waiting for more of the review...

Thanks girl! Both of those I found at Bebe. They were marked down and I got an extra 30-50% off the sale price. Maybe for the rest of my posts I'll tell where I got my dresses since everyone seems to love them. The dresses from my Splendor cruise mostly came from Cache. I really hate that they went out of business.

Yes Please do like I said previous I love your style. I am switicing my style up for my upcoming cruise and I am so excited about what I am wearing, upon coming back I will have to post some pics for you to see...

Which itinerary are you doing again?

Cozumel, Belize, & Roatan. We have been to Cozumel(Johnnie has been once. I have been there three times). It will be our first visit to Belize & Roatan. We know we are going cave tubing in Belize. Still trying to figure out Cozumel & Roatan.

I've been getting asked a lot where I bought all my cruise clothes. Ladies, this is for you, and I'll post where I got everything in the rest of my posts.

Dress is from a random clearance rack at Macy's, shoes are from DSW (don't remember the brand), purse is Betsey Johnson.

b289d3cd-3005-4a1e-8bfe-6dccf39d8ce8_zpstoqsulzg.jpg

Dress from Bebe, clutch from Express.

P6140615_zps8gij3les.jpg

Maxi dress from Target.

P6150628_zpstt760ems.jpg

Dress from Bebe, shoes are Rampage or Steve Madden, can't remember.

6bc5c4cb-62f3-401c-b9ae-2040903a1d81_zpstevmtapg.jpg

I was about to get started on day 3, but I'm still having issues with photobucket, so unfortunately it'll have to wait until tomorrow. :(

Edited by gapearl

Thanks for the tip about BeBe. I've shopped from them online, but never visited one of their actual stores. There's a BeBe store in a few malls here (I'm in Atlanta too :) ), so I'll have to check out their stores. I was also a fan of the dresses at Cache and was sad to see them close.

This was the first time I've really shopped at Bebe, and they might be my new favorite store. They have cute quality clothes at pretty decent prices. I keep getting emails from a new Cache brand called Verona. I wonder how will they compare. Maybe I'll run into you at Bebe at the mall one day. lol :)

How far in advance did you book parking? This will be first port that I will be reserving parking and really want to get parking across the road so that we do not have to deal with shuttle.

Thanks

P.S. Loving your review. Will not be on the Magic till the end of November and it cannot get here soon enough :).

Hi there! I booked my parking the night before. The only other lot that had space available by then was 4 miles away, and I didn't want to bother. I figured there'd be a good bit of cruise traffic, and that was kind of far. You could easily drop off one person with the bags, park, and walk back from the Port's parking. It probably would be a 5 minute walk.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review! You will love the Magic. :)

LOL, I do not know what is wrong with the men in your city or on the ships because you are a very attractive young lady....... I love your style.....

Waiting for more of the review...

I don't know either. :rolleyes: Dating these days is rougher than that water in the video. lol

Yes Please do like I said previous I love your style. I am switicing my style up for my upcoming cruise and I am so excited about what I am wearing, upon coming back I will have to post some pics for you to see...

Thanks so much! I love dressing up on cruises because I never have the chance to dress up at home. Wait til you see the birthday dress! I outdid myself with that one! :D Yes, you must post a review when you come back.