Aft Cabin on Legend of the Seas

Jarronwood

HI

Can anyone tell me whether the aft cabins on LOS are worth the extra expense. And if so, is there a particular cabin that would be the best choice as against the worse choice on the back?

I have already booked an oceanview next June for the Med and have been thinking about a balcony but want an aft. All afts are booked at the mo but I have been put on the wait list which is better for me cos as I understand it, sometimes cabins free up when payment is due. I am hoping by then I will have saved the extra for an aft as at the moment we are on a very tight budget.

SO any advice on the afts on LOS would be greatly received.

:)

We had a center aft cabin on the Legend last year for our Hawaii cruise. I thought it was great. The center ones are the better ones on this ship, as they are a little deeper, but all are great. The corner afts do not wrap around, but you could hang out to see down the sides I think. I don't really think there is a bad aft on the Legend. Deck 8 is better than deck 7 though.

Hi Murohy

Thanks for your post. Would you say though that the aft balconies are bigger than the side ones. Also are the end afts completely open or are there any overhangs. Want to have all the facts for when and if my TA tells me there is one available.

The aft balconies are at least twice as deep as the sides. Ours had 2 lounge chairs and at least 2 side chairs and a table.

There really isn't anything above deck 8 so I like it better than having the deck above you looking down on you. The rock wall is above you but it's quiet and mostly there's just deck space above. I also think the balconies on deck 8 are bigger than 7, but probably not by much. I can't remember now, but I think the deck 8 cabins are JS and the deck 7 cabins are D-1, but I'm not positive about that.

• 1 month later...

Hi Murphy

YOu might have seen from another post on this board that I finally booked an aft on LOS. We are in no. 7830 which is about 3 or 4 in from the side, not quite dead centre. Cant stretch to a JS which are those on deck 8. Do you happen to know whether deck 7 afts have loungers - they are bigger balconies aren't they than the other D1 cabins up the sides?

Hello there :)

We are leaving next Saturday and we have an AFT cabin but on deck 8 the JS , it really wasn't much more then deck 7 , I suggest you keep checking to see if the price goes down . I will be posting lots and lots of pictures on our Legend of the Seas cruise . in fact we just bought yet another 350 digital card , so now it over 700, LOL :)

Hi Settingsail.

Well as far as price goes, it has cost us an extra £450 each to upgrade from an oceanview (hubby does not know I have managed to get an aft) and so fork out another £900 is the limit really.

To upgrade to a JS (supposing there is one available but very very unlikely, as I think there are only 6-8 of those) would cost us another £800.

But I will keep a look out on prices -

Another question Settingsail and anyone else who can answer this, I see from these boards that sometimes people get upgraded for free from their cabin and only find out last minute (although I shall be keeping a look out on the RCCL website under my reservation number) but say I get upgraded which would be to a JS or higher, should I go for the upgrade or stick with my D1 aft? (Unless of course the upgrade is for a JS aft).

Views please on this.

Also if you say I should stick with the aft unless the upgrade is super dooper, should I tell my TA no upgrades? Or shuold I just wait and see.

If you booked thru a TA you will not get an upgrade . I asked RCCL because someone i know got upgraded from an inside to a balcony , so i called and asked why my parents who have an outside didn't get upgraded ? She said that unless you book thru RCCL directly you will more then likely 90 % of the time not get an upgrade . the next cruise our Disney one we booked right thru them and from now on we are booking directly thru RCCL .

We are booked on LOS 12/3 (two weeks from today, OMG I cant wait) I booked in Jan to get a specific cabin. We are Aft 7634 it is dead center. I have been looking forward to having a aft cabin. We have cruised over 10 times but never experienced aft before. I booked thru a TA. RCL has upgraded me on two seperate occasions to a JS port and starboard. I had to fight like a maddog to get my aft back both times. It seems my cabin has a connecting door. So they keep jerking it away from me to accomadate other people. It is supposed to be fixed now. I check it on line almost everyday to make sure I still have it. (thats how I found out before, no one ever notified me of a cabin change) I hope it is as wonderful as I want it to be. I have been waiting for 11 long months. I will post a review when I get back.

Hi Susan

SO you are the other side of the connecting cabin. My TA asked if I wanted 7632 - he had to type in the cabin number and by a process of elimination 7632 was available. When I looked on the deck plans I saw it was a connecting cabin and I said I would take it unless there was another one available that was not connecting and he got me 7630. I dont know what difference in all the 7 D1 afts are as I cant find any pictures.

Can you let us know on your return how the cabin was and the balcony, aos what furniture the balconies have.

You must be quite a seasoned cruiser - so this is your first time going aft? Its quite exciting. ALl the reviews on these boards always recommend aft.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Archived