Amazing safety and communication on Quantum.

Full credit to Captain and Crew on The Quantum for all action to ensure the safety of everyone onboard as the ships arrival into Shanghai is delayed by heavy fog. We are currently on hold outside the port area waiting for the port to open.

Communication from the bridge has kept everyone informed of developments, it is expected that the fog may lift by midday, and the ship will pull alongside 5-6 hours later.

Some people have flight issues but the ship has opened up the phones and Internet. We are in safe hands but I feel for Royal as they had a massive promotional event planned for many VIPs today.

yes and no....we've been at anchor since at least 1 a.m. and preparations for dealing with the masses started just before 8, when they knew full well (by then) that we'd have at least a 6 hr delay. Most folks were up and about without info until that first announcement, even dragging carry on luggage around the ship.

I've been fogged out on a HAL ship and had hourly updates both overnight and in the daytime. The heart and spirit of the senior crew is certainly in the right place and majority of passengers/crew are dealing quite well. Free internet and phone lines are a good gesture, but it's going to continue to be a challenge.

I feel for anyone who had an afternoon flight or those who are missing their opportunity to see Shanghai, as it is not a quick flight for those based anywhere outside of Asia....

Will return to this post with any updates :-)

Information about the delay was posted on the TV system early, surely most guests would not appreciate announcements made throughout the night. We all had some advance warning as we were told yesterday that the port had been closed for a while due to fog.

There was no reason for guests to be carrying bags around as the first announcements did advise us that we could continue to use our cabins until further notice. Sure some with early plans might have left cabins ahead of 8am but they could have easily returned.

Anyone that woke early could easily see we were in deep fog and not moving, whilst most are keeping calm I think it is a shame that some guests are blaming the cruise line for the delayed arrival.