Sunshine review. 6/14-6/19

scooby girl

Where did you rent the car from at the Orlando airport that was $16.95?

Check the online car rental auction sites. Some of them have been having good rates for economy through full size cars, and the occasional mid/crossover SUV with the "Name Your Own Price" option at $16-$20. The regular preselected rates are around $25-$32 to start.

We were on the same cruise celebrating our 40th anniversary with our children & grandchildren. Did the Dolphin Experience in Freeport and loved it. It was non-threatening for grandchildren and enjoyed by all. Took a taxi to Ardastra Zoo. Adults & kids loved feeding the Lory parrots, seeing the free roaming flamingoes, and other unique animals and birds. Not a huge zoo, but plenty for a few hours entertainment. They will call you a taxi when you're done there. We also went to the Pirate Museum which was a little expensive, but fun.

Ocean Plaza was our favorite evening spot on the ship... don't miss it for evening Karaoke. We were also entertained by a live Latin band there.

Good to know... Cucina del Capitan and JiJi at the back of the ship make omelets in the morning. Lines aren't long -- and breakfast is made to order!

I rented the car ahead of time - online through Alamo. Check the prices every day, it was originally $59 but dropped to $15.95 right before sailing. I just cancelled & rebooked. The Havana bar had a small set up everyday. Beef empanadas, pork buns. Cuban pastries. Cucina has pasta that you order for lunch & jiji wok. No charge at lunch time. They are located in the Havana bar area. Very quiet back there. Favorite spot for lunch.

We go on the Journeys cruise 21Feb.13 days. I was a little afraid of all the bad reviews. Is there a sauna and steamroom in the locker area.I don't think co-ed.

Thanks.

I rented the car ahead of time - online through Alamo. Check the prices every day, it was originally $59 but dropped to $15.95 right before sailing. I just cancelled & rebooked. The Havana bar had a small set up everyday. Beef empanadas, pork buns. Cuban pastries. Cucina has pasta that you order for lunch & jiji wok. No charge at lunch time. They are located in the Havana bar area. Very quiet back there. Favorite spot for lunch.

Is there a free shuttle from the Alamo rental in PC to the cruise terminal? Also, do you know if they will pick up from the cruise terminal to their rental office to pick up a car after the cruise?

Thank you for your review. I just got FTTF this morning for our January cruise and am hoping I made a good choice to do so. I like the thought of getting on board with no lines, especially since this is our first cruise in many years.

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time on the Sunshine, I can't wait for January!

Yes, Alamo has a free shuttle to the cruise terminal. They also pick you up, right out front of the cruise terminal & bring you back to the rental car agency. No charge. Check your rental car prices everyday, the price changes constantly. You don't have to pay when you book, so you can cancel & rebook if the price goes down. Have a great trip!!

Yes, Alamo has a free shuttle to the cruise terminal. They also pick you up, right out front of the cruise terminal & bring you back to the rental car agency. No charge. Check your rental car prices everyday, the price changes constantly. You don't have to pay when you book, so you can cancel & rebook if the price goes down. Have a great trip!!

Thank you for the Alamo info. We usually book Alamo in Miami and Fort Lauderdale but have used Budget when renting in Orlando and dropping off in Port Canaveral.