Canceled my carnival magic cruise

pwsmith88

After the switch from Valor to the Magic I found that I was placed in a room with bad reviews (2400) Called to see about getting moved away from the galley and was told that the 7C cat was sold out so I would have to moved up to the 8th floor for 500 bucks more. I find it really funny how I got an email this morning saying rooms were available for me to switch to then I call as soon as I get the email and I am told NO GO. How can you go from picking your room from one ship then get moved and told there is nothing to be done. canceled and going else where.

Sorry for the rant. Just can't believe how poor the customer service is right now.

I am curious how you were not able to change so soon following the announcement. After all the Magic is a larger ship. I am guessing they moved all the balcony passengers to the 7C's.(lowest price balcony) Not everyone wants to be that low on the ship. Poor move, Carnival. Those booked should have choice of same category. There are no 7C's on the Valor so you should have been assigned in the same location and same category.

I am curious how you were not able to change so soon following the announcement. After all the Magic is a larger ship. I am guessing they moved all the balcony passengers to the 7C's.(lowest price balcony) Not everyone wants to be that low on the ship. Poor move, Carnival. Those booked should have choice of same category. There are no 7C's on the Valor so you should have been assigned in the same location and same category.

Thats what I am saying but they keep saying they are sold out in the Cat that they moved me to and I'd have to pay another 500 bucks to be moved. Thats not gonna happen! I am already paying 2Gs and for a cat 7c. Come on carnival.

From Valor to Magic? Regardless of cabin, that's a score!

Now those who were moved from Breeze to Splendor, they have more reason to moan. :rolleyes:

A room underneath the galley is NOT a score, regardless of the ship. I'd be annoyed as well. :(

Now those who were moved from Breeze to Splendor, they have more reason to moan. :rolleyes:

Not when you go from an 8A on deck 8 to a 7C on deck 2

That just is not right. Did you ask for a supervisor?

I did. Been fighting back and forth since last week and the changes were finalized. I just gave up and canceled. Sad part is I had everything planned and booked in advanced to propose to my girlfriend while we were in San Juan. Now everything has to change. Very upsetting.

Edited by pwsmith88

Is this for the April 23 sailing? I'm seeing at least 10 cove balconies still available, including 2252 and 2277, which would be under the shore excursions/guest services areas as opposed to the galley.

Yes it is! I was told there were rooms available by Carnival support in an email. But they said I had to call my TA so I do that then they say they have to call carnival. 45 minutes on hold I am told they are sold out and my only option is to stay put or move to an 8A cat (What I had on Valor) and pay 500 bucks more.

Yes it is! I was told there were rooms available by Carnival support in an email. But they said I had to call my TA so I do that then they say they have to call carnival. 45 minutes on hold I am told they are sold out and my only option is to stay put or move to an 8A cat (What I had on Valor) and pay 500 bucks more.

If you booked through a TA you will continue to work with a TA and not Carnival directly. Your TA should be fighting for you to get a good switch of rooms. If they aren't and they say that the dye has been cast then your TA isn't worth diddly squat. You need to be arguing with them since they have control over your booking.

then your TA doesn't understand their responsibility for your booking.

if you booked with a TA, THEY have to talk to carnival - carnival is under no obligation to work with you directly, because you booked through the TA.

i'm surprised you even got any feedback from carnival at all, considering. that said, if you had an 8A, for the move, carnival should not be able to downgrade you to anything lower. i don't think you or we have all the information here - it does not sound right, they will put you in a comparable stateroom in a move like this.

it sounds like you have a problem with your TA. call them and tell them to do their job. i'm sorry you have to go through this, but this is really an issue the TA has to resolve to your satisfaction.

Your TA is likely the one giving you false information. Like someone else said, there are 7C's still available (I see the standard 10 options when doing a mock booking) so the category is definitely not sold out.

There are also 8A's available. Truly crappy if you were forced from an 8A on the Valor to a 7C on the Magic.

Edited by StolidCruiser

After you get this resolved thru your TA, book any future cruises with a Carnival PVP. Our PVP is really great. Since he takes is family on Carnival cruises, he has first-hand knowledge of different ships and ship-board amenities.

Here's hoping you get a good resolution to this problem and continue sailing. Bon Voyage!

Good luck OP I do hope they make this right for you! It does sound like they moved everyone over to the cheapest balcony, but I really don't understand why they would do that. For instance I have an 8M booked on my cruise. If I was cancelled and put on another cruise, I would expect that category or higher. Especially with the cruise being so far off, in April, I would think there would be enough to choose from.

OP I really hope you can speak with a supervisor or someone who can help you. I just really think this has all gotten out of hand with the cancelled cruises. I think that lido balcony on one cruise should transfer to lido balcony on another etc. Or they should call you to see what you want if they can't offer the similar location. it's not your fault the cruise was cancelled.

Good Luck!!!

Somebody needs to make this right.

But I agree, SCORE to go from Valor to Magic.:D:D

Please let us know what the outcome was.

Maybe they'll give you a suite for your troubles....:D:D

FINALLY got this issue taken care of. I called Carnival and they called my TA and put us on a conference call. Found out that my TA wasn't even calling Carnival like she was telling me. (At least carnival had no record of it) Long store short got moved to 2252 No longer under the Galley. Much better reviews and was given 100 OBC for all the trouble! Thank You to Carnival for taking charge of something you really didn't have to. Never will I ever book with ************ again!

Congrats! That's wonderful news! I've learned it's always better to deal with Carnival direct. I recently had an issue with our booking for a July cruise this year and after about 20 minutes or so online with Carnival - it was all fixed AND we had a $150 OBC to boot! Can't beat that at all - especially since this will only be our 3rd or 4th total cruise with Carnival. :)

FINALLY got this issue taken care of. I called Carnival and they called my TA and put us on a conference call. Found out that my TA wasn't even calling Carnival like she was telling me. (At least carnival had no record of it) Long store short got moved to 2252 No longer under the Galley. Much better reviews and was given 100 OBC for all the trouble! Thank You to Carnival for taking charge of something you really didn't have to. Never will I ever book with ************ again!

CONGRATS! :D

No longer under the Galley, but more importantly, hopefully no longer booked under that TA???

Yup - you can say that again. :cool: We were supposed to be on the Breeze in a 6S Cabin (HUGE cabins if you have never been in them). Well...we jumped ship once they announced they were replacing it with the Splendor. We're now on the Magic, but with the 6S's already booked...we accepted a 4J. It's actually saving us $150 per cabin, better itinerary, better ship, still a larger room and we still get to keep the $50pp OBC

I'm so glad you were able to get this resolved. I thought that I was the last one getting my "new" cruise booked after they cancelled my Magic sailing last week. I've always thought that going through a TA was the way to go, but this has taught me a lesson...If I want to be in control of my cruise, then I need to deal with Carnival directly.

That being said, I love my TA. She's been amazing in the past but this happened while she was on vacation so my hands were tied. I was finally booked on the Breeze [:DSCORE:D] yesterday and I'm already looking forward to sailing on her.

Congrats!

This is GREAT news!!!:D:D

Sadly still with the TA for the rate. I was told the reason I was moved from the 8A to the 7C was because of the rate increase for the magic. I can understand that to a point. Still feel a little shafted on that end. But not going to pay another 500 bucks right now. Just glad that I am in a quite room now and that My plans can stay put for my proposal! Come on April! I hope she says YES!