Canceled my carnival magic cruise

pwsmith88

FINALLY got this issue taken care of. I called Carnival and they called my TA and put us on a conference call. Found out that my TA wasn't even calling Carnival like she was telling me. (At least carnival had no record of it) Long store short got moved to 2252 No longer under the Galley. Much better reviews and was given 100 OBC for all the trouble! Thank You to Carnival for taking charge of something you really didn't have to. Never will I ever book with ************ again!

Yea don't book through a TA, we also had trouble at first and we were getting charged way more now we book through carnival.com now... Glad your issue was resolved, I wonder has the TA called you back and apologize or anything?

FINALLY got this issue taken care of. I called Carnival and they called my TA and put us on a conference call. Found out that my TA wasn't even calling Carnival like she was telling me. (At least carnival had no record of it) Long store short got moved to 2252 No longer under the Galley. Much better reviews and was given 100 OBC for all the trouble! Thank You to Carnival for taking charge of something you really didn't have to. Never will I ever book with ************ again!

See, that's what we were telling you :cool:

I'm happy to hear it worked out for you, and then some! :)

Lesson learned :D

Sad part is I had everything planned and booked in advanced to propose to my girlfriend while we were in San Juan. Now everything has to change.

FINALLY got this issue taken care of.

Phew, I was beginning to think someone was trying to tell you something.

Edited by fuddrules

...got moved to 2252 No longer under the Galley. Much better reviews and was given 100 OBC for all the trouble! ...
...Glad you got it all resolved. You should love this cabin--it's in a great location. We are in 2260 on our upcoming July 5 Magic cruise and we were in the same cabin on our March 9 cruise.

Here's hoping you like Carnival Magic--it's a great ship with a wonderful crew and staff. There's so many activities onboard you can do. The food and service is excellent. Be sure to join your roll call for the cruise on which you are booked. After your cruise, come back and let us know how it went. Bon Voyage!

• 1 month later...

I'm glad you were able to get it straightened out. I can add some insight to it. I booked with carnival and the person handling our booking said that the day the email went out they weren't able to see any of the cabins since it was still being converted to the new ship. It took a few days for the carnival people to be able to change cabins so it probable showed sold out to everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I was really worried about being under the galley on our cruise in May on the Dream in a cove balcony. A cove is my choice of balcony. Love them. We didn't hear anything. I did bring ear plugs for both of us if there had been a problem.

Edited by peymas
didn't read important post

I've said it before, I'll say it again, a TA is in it for themselves only, a few know good service means repeat customers, but those would, and have advised to book direct with carnival, since they can't beat the carnival prices usually. The others snag every price drop for themselves, I've often read here of people losing the TA incentive when the price dropped. Getting a 100 lower rate, losing 250 obc from TA.

There's nothing a TA can do for me I can't do cheaper or better on my smartphone.

I would ask the TA what she is going to give you for the "stress & inconvenience" she caused you. I think a nice bottle of Wine or Champagne would be a good token. Maybe a free Dinner of your choice?

Glad it all worked out!

I would move my reservation from that Travel Agent to the Carnival Personal Vacation Planner pronto. This is why Travel Agents are a dying breed! Sadly most are lazy and cannot be trusted with providing true customer service unless you've been very loyal to them. Most will just as soon take the commission check knowing they will never see or hear from you again and give substandard service filled with falsehoods because by the time you've actually gone on your vacation their check is in the mail and they are done with you.

I went through this mess when moved from Breeze to Splendor. I had a 4J on Breeze and our room on the Splendor was terrible and they opened the Magic up to the general public before those of us with issues could get situated. We also used a TA and it was crazy. Apparently they don't have a dedicated person to call so she was getting bad information. We ended up going with the same itinerary on the Valor a week earlier, moved to a porthole, rather than 4J and it is still going to cost us a little more (though that will be made up by the OBC).

I will be booking direct online or using PVP in future.

I did. Been fighting back and forth since last week and the changes were finalized. I just gave up and canceled. Sad part is I had everything planned and booked in advanced to propose to my girlfriend while we were in San Juan. Now everything has to change. Very upsetting.

Oh, wow. I know you must be very disappointed. Best wishes for a positive outcome!