Buy drinks package Southampton

I have been trying to pre purchase the drinks package for ages online but it wouldn't let me ' add to cart'. I had forgotten all about it, getting ready to cruise on Monday and now it says I can't buy it as only 4 days until we cruise. Oh well.

I am sure I read that we can buy it prior to boarding at Southampton. Anyone done this and where? Is there a desk? I've read there are big queues on board to buy.

Thank you!

Hi Hazy

We sailed with Celebrity from the same terminal last October and they had tables set up in the terminal before you boarded - we upgraded from classic to premium and they put stickers on our cruise card and walked onto the ship

Not 100% if Royal Caribbean do the same in the terminal but if not after you board the ship there will be tables set up all over where you can buy drink packages etc - Either way it won't be an issue as Royal will be more than happy to help you part with more money ;)

We are on Anthem in September and have the select package included but will be upgrading to premium either in the terminal or on the ship as we board

Edited by barneymag

You can buy your drinks package once you are onboard.

If you pre-purchased, you would have paid in Pound Sterling with a debit/credit card in advance.

If you are purchasing onboard, it will be charged to your onboard account in US Dollars. If you have onboard credit you can use that towards it.

Thanks folks. I am sure I read about a desk at the terminal and that makes sense to grab folk while they are waiting.

I know I would be paying in pounds online and dollars at the ship and to be honest this did put me off initially as the online price never seemed to reflect exchange rate improvements!?! Anyway, that's not a decision I have to make now. No OBC, no free drinks for us, the penalties for booking mega early .

I know I would be paying in pounds online and dollars at the ship and to be honest this did put me off initially as the online price never seemed to reflect exchange rate improvements!?!

Funny you say that, the online price did reflect on the drop of the exchange rate between May and June. The replenish package that I was looking at went up by £3.

We added onboard credit before we sailed at a great rate of £60 to $100 by calling royal then bought the drinks packages onboard which worked out cheaper than purchasing in sterling through the website before going.