Plug sockets

Euro pin style - a regular 2 pin adapter for Spain etc. will do the business.

If memory serves the earth connection position on many adaptors is "upside down" relative to the usual setup - so your plug when fitted will be likewise.

By sheer chance we had an adaptor with the corresponding configuration to the "upside down" earth position which means plugs fit in the normal position - didn't know there were two different varieties until our first Spirit cruise.

The local £1 shop may have been the source of this chance fortuitous purchase.

Great thanks that save me money. I had no idea there was two way either. Great tip.

This topic was discussed not that long ago hereabouts.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2086219

I stupidly deleted the images from my Photobucket library which removes them from any internet threads - however the text of the messages is clear enough reference the "south" and "north" located earth connection.

Hope this all makes sense !!!

There is also a 110v US style 2 (flat) pin socket in each cabin. Most chargers will work on this voltage (check the label) if you are using the 220v socket for something else.

Or take a multi-outlet adaptor to use in the 220v socket (also from poundland I believe).

This style of double adaptor is one of the best purchases we've made in respect of holidays in the Eurozone etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TWIN-EUROPEAN-MULTI-DOUBLE-PLUG-TRAVEL-ADAPTER-UK-TO-EU-EURO-MAINS-CONVERTOR-/231496629382?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e6463c86

Link for example only.

This will locate upside down on socket in Spirit - not that that effects its serviceability, we've used ours with no problems.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

A bit of basic detective work - and I found this image of the socket on Spirit.

Power%20socket%20on%20Thomson%20Spirit_zps3qxnoka4.jpg

Notice the brass earth connection at the 6 o'clock position.

Maybe these sockets were fitted upside down ?

Important point - note the proximity of the socket to the horizontal surface, (dark brown on photo) - this is what may cause a problem when trying to fit certain types of power packs

Taking the two different models of euro adaptors eliminates this potential issue.

Thanks to Geomagot for identifying the local High Street source above.

Usually on holidays (hotel) I'd bring 1 or 2 adapters and a 3 way extension lead , using 1 adapter for heating things hair dryer , straightness iron then the extension for charging stuff , will the extension be ok abroad dream ?? As I've heard only one socket in each cabin and it's Sod's law everything will need charging as I'm trying to do my hair !!

Usually on holidays (hotel) I'd bring 1 or 2 adapters and a 3 way extension lead , using 1 adapter for heating things hair dryer , straightness iron then the extension for charging stuff , will the extension be ok abroad dream ?? As I've heard only one socket in each cabin and it's Sod's law everything will need charging as I'm trying to do my hair !!

If these devices can be recharged by a USB cable - you can buy a double Euro adaptor with twin USB connections, which still lets you use your hair dryer etc. at the same time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Travel-Adaptor-convertor-Uk-To-Euro-Twin-Usb-smj-tuseuc-FAST-FREE-P-P/161695588778?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20141212152715%26meid%3D866395c800d04187b4a985c7d5027aa1%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D25%26sd%3D321783440059

Thanks Sheila , that's sorted so [emoji2] now just have to wait till August, 9 more weeks [emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]

Double socket and usb sockets great idea [emoji2] might see if I can pick one up here (Dublin) exchange rate for sterling crap for us at the minute [emoji31]