Just back!

lmedw

Had a great time in Bermuda. The hurricane extended our cruise an extra day - hated that (NOT!!!!!)

Just a few things that may be of interested:

Snorkel Park - had a great time there. Snorkeling was good -saw some wonderful fish at the coral reef etc. Floating dock outside swimming area to rest when snorkeling. Watch the shells in the shallow water - lots of cut feet and hands. Otherwise beach is OK (not the picture of Bermuda we are looking for) - nothing great but close to dockyard and ship.

Horshoe Bay - heard it was very populated - busy - ran out of snorkel equipment to rent.

Hamilton - shopping was great - all the stores are having sales. Too bad Trillinghams (sp??) closed. FC (French Connection) is on Reid Street located behind Front. My daughters love their clothes and almost everything was on sale for 50%-75% off. This store is big in the UK.

St Georges - great little resturant at the dock. Fish soup was wonderful as was the fish sandwich. At the end of the day took the 45 min "scenic" (local) bus back to Hamilton which was fun and then took the ferry back to dockyard

Dolphin Quest at the dockyard was fun. Once in a lifetime thing. I was disappointed at how small the pools are for the dolphins. Heard they are building a large place - hope so.

Enjoyed the Grandeur. Overall a GREAT trip. Let me know if you have any questions. Now to do the laundry. :p Lois

Archived