Pedal Cab to Cave Tubing?

BonBon2

I'm traveling with my Mom (80) & Mother-in-lag (78) & they can't walk far, but they really REALLY want to go Cave Tubing in Belize. My Mom has a friend who took something like a cart attached to a bicycle through the walk to get to the start of the Cave Tubing. She called it "Pedi-Cab" or "Pedal-Cab". Has anyone heard of such a thing? Does anyone know of a tour operator who does that? It would be sooo cool!

Thanks!

BonBon2

OK, Bonnie,

We are part of a large group of operators at the Belize Tourism Village where your tender docks from the ship, and we have handled many guests at just about all ages and capabilities. Let's discuss your request in detail. There are three options :

1. OPTION ONE : Roaring River tubing, where you are indeed taken by four wheel "easy ride" to the start of the tubing, float for about an hour, and end up back at the start point where there is a restaurant with all services. BUT YOU DO NOT GO THRU ANY CAVES.

2. OPTION TWO : Sibun River Float; again, bussed down to the site, four wheel "buggy" down to the river, float for about an hour, and then get picked up by bus and back to the reception area. BUT YOU DO NOT GO THRU ANY CAVES.

3 OPTION THREE : Caves Branch Park. Here is where senior citizens and even very young children go CAVE TUBING, which means actually floating thru a cavernous cave system, and then downriver in the open, a total float of about one and a half hours. For the aged and slightly infirm, as we say, we hire helpers who carry the equipment, and help the guests along in a very leisurely walk. The walk is equal to about three city blocks, and most of it under jungle canopy. This is the only option that actually has caves. The others are open river floats. The composition of this trail will not allow any vehicles or bikes. It's uneven, but comfortable to walk on, even slowly.

I believe we would want to make your tour exclusive if you choose OPTION THREE, so that it could be arranged with the helpers, and the exclusive tour guide, along with a vehicle of your own. Although that vehicle (they are all vans) may carry other guests, they would have their own guide so they can be off on their own, while your group gets the "special" service - no problem with that, we are used to helping out our people in every way - we want guests to Belize to have great memories!!!!

Sincerely,

Tom *****

Senior Guide

***** Adventures Belize

I should have done all this LAST year, when the Moms were in better shape. My Mom's friend tells her she used the pedal-cab to get to a tubing expidition THRU the caves. Even a 3 block walk is daunting for the Moms now, unless they can at least take their walkers. So the search continues, & I'm still looking for the best option I can find for them. Any more ideas out there? I'd sure appreciate it!

BonBon2

Archived