Did I miss it? (Empress)

According to the Cruise Bible, (the Berlitz Guide) less than 3 % of cruisers get sea sick. From my experience on 15 + cruises, I think this is about right, or maybe a little high on today's ships. The main thing is the largest ships are not necessarily the stablest, due to design issues.

As to the White Fish, the individual was making the point that, whatever anyone else thought, he was gonna say it was the best (Fish, Cruise, Bus Ride or fill in the blank) he'd ever been on or indeed had occurred in the history of Man! That sort of defensiveness is a common attitude which makes it hard for people who haven't experienced the events to evaluate what occurred. People on these boards illustrate this fact every day. Either (the majority) the cruise line can do no wrong or (the minority) the cruise line is an incompetent mess. Very few can give a coherent neutral review.

Vomitus? Is that from the latin rite? I KNOW that some people get seasick; I did on a fishing boat in the Atlantic though I avoided Vomitussing; the point is it's not really a major occurrence today except in rough conditions, and anyone who is prone to it can take either medical or non-medical precautions before or during the cruise.

Vomitus? Is that from the latin rite? I KNOW that some people get seasick; I did on a fishing boat in the Atlantic though I avoided Vomitussing; the point is it's not really a major occurrence today except in rough conditions, and anyone who is prone to it can take either medical or non-medical precautions before or during the cruise.

Technically, "vomit" is a verb and is the act of upchucking itself. That which is upchucked is technically "vomitus", although it is commonly referred to as vomit by people who aren't familiar with the word "vomitus". :D

We have been on ten cruises, on ships ranging in size from the 4,000-ton SeaDream I to the 90,000-ton Constellation, Summit, and Brilliance of the Seas and the smaller ships all seemed to evidence a size-to-amount-of-felt-motion correlation. I've never been seasick, but I definitely felt more motion on the smaller ships. Many people would prefer not to take medication for potential seasickness and, therefore, prefer the larger ships for that reason. They're not wusses, as you seem fond of making them out to be. :)

Allen

Archived