Turtles hatching

Thanksforyourinfo

There are turtles nesting in the northern part of Grenada and on the sister island of Carriacou but this is something they do at night time. Nesting period is in the early summer.

Would have to say if you are hoping to see while visiting on a cruise you will probably be disappointed due to a combination of sailing timetables and the timing of the cruising season.

If you were staying on the island for a few days I would recommend contacting Caribbean Horizons to arrange a tour.They can be emailed at info@caribbeanhorizons.com for up to date information.

Do a search for volenteer travel, i have seen trips like this being offered before, sorry but i can't remember the exact website but it wasn't to hard to find.

They offer trips all over the world doing volenteer work and one that i saw was about tagging sea turtles. Can be done as a family as well. They have you walk around the beach at night with a flash light! Sounds like fun to me!

Good luck!

If you have any trouble with your search, post another message here and i'll find it for you.

Caralin

The KIDO Project in Carriacou have opportunities for volunteers who want to become involved with working with turtles. They patrol the beaches at night to spot nesting turtles, tag them and mark the nesting sites.

They have a web site www.kido-projects.com which explains their work in detail or you could contact Dario (the boss) by email kido-ywf@caribsurf.com .

Archived