What has happened to Customer Service

OK lots of opinions here and lots of suggestions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so lets leave it at that. I had an opinion and you don't have to agree with me but many of the responses have been just down right rude. grow up people.

Here are the facts

1. I could not book online because the 2 girls in the connecting room are minors.

2. I did have a reservation number

3. I had an invoice emailed to me and everything was correct.

I went to "my reservations" the day after booking and only saw the reservation number for me and my wife. The kids was not there. When I accessed it said it was not there. This is what prompted my call.

The young lady on the phone didn't know what to do and she had me try a few things on my computer at home...none of them worked. I then was put on hold for way to long IN MY OPINION WHICH I AM ENITITLED TO...IF YOU DONT THINK YOUR TIME IS VALUABLE THAT IS FINE WITH ME I WONT CALL YOU NAMES AND TELL YOU WHAT A LOSER YOU ARE.

Bottom line is this is not something I could fix on my computer, it was an internal error on their part and they spelled Smith....Smtih, so when I went to my reservations online and typed in SMITH and my reservation number it said error.

It amazes me that so many people think so terribly of me for expecting at least an appology for my time. And regardless of what any of you think I have no problem asking for compensation for my time. For the gentleman who wanted to know what my company would do. We would and do fix any error as soon as we find it and make whatever compensation is needed to guarantee that our client has an amazing experience. I will go to what I said earlier Every Client Every Time, No Excuses, No Exceptions!

Edited by tampacruiser

A better question might be, What has happened to customers?

In the old days, if there was a challenge, we fixed it and apologized. Case closed.

Today, we fix the problem and the first thing we hear is, "How much do I get?"

After apologizing, we hear, "Words are cheap. Give me money"

The next customer comment is, "The amount you offered is an insult".

Marketing to the Me, ME, ME, ME, ME generation was a big mistake.

I agree. In this world we live in now, a mistake almost always demands monetary compensation of some sort. I think a plate of strawberries is reasonable "compensation" for a misspelling error. It is actually more than enough. It is quite generous.

How much is a customers' time worth to a corporation?

If I spent 2 hours on the phone for something that is clearly RCI's error, I would want $100 OBC.

I ask, how many times has a merchant charged you for something you did wrong? The doctor charges you for a missed appointment, but offers nothing when you sit waiting for them. I bank charges you an OD fee. Almost all businesses charge you a late fee for a missed payment. Don't show up for an in-home service appointment. On and on...

Wow, you must be quite important that your time is worth $50/hour. Don't tell me you can't and don't do anything else in that time. I have been on hold with them for 1 hour and managed to iron clothes, clean out a closet and type emails to my travel companions regarding final details. I had nothing else to do. If you aren't doing something else while they have you on hold, you are wasting your own time.

How much is a customers' time worth to a corporation?

If I spent 2 hours on the phone for something that is clearly RCI's error, I would want $100 OBC.

I ask, how many times has a merchant charged you for something you did wrong? The doctor charges you for a missed appointment, but offers nothing when you sit waiting for them. I bank charges you an OD fee. Almost all businesses charge you a late fee for a missed payment. Don't show up for an in-home service appointment. On and on...

How do we know it was Royal's error? I booked my last cruise online and accidentally reversed letters in my husband's name. I saw it as soon as I printed out my confirmation. I realized it would be a problem so I called them back to get it straightened out. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes as they graciously unscrewed MY mistake.

If there are multiple layers in this process, anyone could have messed it up. Why do you assume it is "clearly" Royal's fault?

IF YOU DONT THINK YOUR TIME IS VALUABLE THAT IS FINE WITH ME I WONT CALL YOU NAMES AND TELL YOU WHAT A LOSER YOU ARE.

Did you really just call them losers right after saying you won't call them names??? Boy, bye! :rolleyes::cool:

We would and do fix any error as soon as we find it and make whatever compensation is needed to guarantee that our client has an amazing experience.

What would that compensation be? Specifically?

And what would have been suitable for you? Since the strawberries weren't enough, what would be enough???