Pride of America (POA) - Alternative to Lahaina On Your Own

junebugcomputer

Hey Everyone,

So after sailing on the POA on 06/20, I had the question on my mind was the Lahaina on Your Own excursion worth the price. The short answer to that is NO! If you like to walk, the Queen Ka'ahumanu Center is about 1.5 miles from the pier (20 - 30 minutes walk away) or a free shuttle ride starting at 9:30am. Once you get to Queen Ka'ahumanu Center, the Maui #20 bus (Lahaina Islander) will take you to Wharf Cinema Center which is right at the start of all the Front street things you may want to check out. An all day pass for the bus is $4/person. Just look for a person at the Mall bus stop at Queen Ka'ahumanu Center, they will sell you the pass. If you want to go to the Outlet mall or all the way to the Whalers Village, catch the #25 bus (Ka'anapali Islander). You can get the bus schedules from http://www.mauicounty.gov/bus . Hope this helps.

Hey Everyone,

So after sailing on the POA on 06/20, I had the question on my mind was the Lahaina on Your Own excursion worth the price. The short answer to that is NO! If you like to walk, the Queen Ka'ahumanu Center is about 1.5 miles from the pier (20 - 30 minutes walk away) or a free shuttle ride starting at 9:30am. Once you get to Queen Ka'ahumanu Center, the Maui #20 bus (Lahaina Islander) will take you to Wharf Cinema Center which is right at the start of all the Front street things you may want to check out. An all day pass for the bus is $4/person. Just look for a person at the Mall bus stop at Queen Ka'ahumanu Center, they will sell you the pass. If you want to go to the Outlet mall or all the way to the Whalers Village, catch the #25 bus (Ka'anapali Islander). You can get the bus schedules from http://www.mauicounty.gov/bus . Hope this helps.

It is helpful information, but it would be helpful to a lot more people if you posted it on the Hawaii Port board instead.

I was just wondering about this!! where does the free shuttle go?

The free shuttle goes from the pier at Kahului to the Queen Ka'a human Center and back. When you dock in Maui, attend the 7:30am info session provided on the first day in port, they will cover the free shuttle(s).

It is helpful information, but it would be helpful to a lot more people if you posted it on the Hawaii Port board instead.

I will reference this post on the port board. Originally I thought that the POA was the main ship accessing this port so I thought it would be most affective here.

Good info Junebug!

Also, for approximately the price of the "Lahaina on Your Own" excursion for one person, you could rent a car and explore for the day, which makes it a very economical option and gives you the opportunity to explore further.