LAX to San Pedro

vavip

From what I have read the Primetime shuttle will be cheaper but will involve you making a reservation ahead of time and calling once you have your luggage. When they pick you up at the airport they may have to drop other people off around town before heading to San Pedro. With the cab they are usually readily available at the pier and waiting for customers.

Maybe someone else can post the exact fees for both the shuttle and the cab for you to compare.

Here's the transportation scoop on LAX to San Pedro pier. Shuttle is cheaper than taxi; a reservation is advised; taxi is faster but more expensive; NCL shuttle is $25pp to pier and slow. They wait until they fill an entire bus before leaving; they drop off all those folks at the same time, everyone waiting to get their carryon luggage from the bus belly and then the entire bus load gets into the terminal line. I would opt for either shuttle or taxi; Tax is approximately $45 for 2 one way to San Pedro from LAX. If you have more than 2 in your party, then you will need a taxi van which costs more. If you need names of shuttle services, let me know and I will post them. Happy Sailing!

1cruiselvr has about covered it for you. I don't know if you have a choice of airports, I am assureing you are already booked to fly into LAX. If it were me I would take the NCL shuttle just to save the money but the other shuttle would be my second choice unless you can find someone to share the taxi with. NMNIta

ps:wait a minute, if the NCL shuttle is $25 a person and the taxi is $45 plus tip, do the taxi.

ps:wait a minute, if the NCL shuttle is $25 a person and the taxi is $45 plus tip, do the taxi.

I think the NCL shuttle price of $25 per person is round trip?? Taxi price quote is one way... Of course I'm really having a blonde day, so I could be confused...LOL.

If you have a group of 3 or more you might consider a stretch limo. You can get a limo for about $100 (the price of 2 taxis). We have a group of 6 and are getting a Navigator stretch that holds 18 plus a lot of lugage for $150. Plus it is a little nicer ride then a taxi. Good luck.

I still vote thumbs down on the NCL shuttle bus. I tried it for the first time on our July Alaska trip. We sat on the darn thing for 45 min waiting to fill up and load carryons. I found it very frustrating wasting so much time doing nothing. Also, I'd rather get there before the buses drop off the hurds of pax. Happy Sailing!

We have taken the NCL shuttle the last 2 years and they meet you at the baggage pickup. As long as you have prearranged with NCL for this service. The cost is $20.00 per person, each way. The only hold up is that the large bus hits all terminals. Depending on how many buses they have running, sometimes you might have to wait for 30 minutes.

Last year, it was a little different a truck came by and picked up all our luggage and we didn't have to carry it tothe dock or anything. The next time we saw it was at our cabin door hours later. Be sure you do't need anything out of the luggage. The drive to the pier is only about 25-30 minutes. We had our boarding passes thru NCL with our tickets. No hassle, also very easy to get back to the airport when leaving the boat. Doing it again next Febury on The Star. Have a nice trip. Down side of a taxi is that if you have a lot of luggage they only have a trunk to store it. I have seen some bad times by others going on the cruises, jamming luggage in the trunk and in the seat with you. Not a good site:)

Love Super Shuttle - also you can look online for price & make reservations. Problem that I had with SS (in DC) was that you had to wait for the "van" to load as well..... Not as many passengers as the NCL Shuttle Bus - but I did wait (again in DC) for almost an hour. :(

Good luck! We're driving down from Oregon in November and I just hope I can find my way to the pier! :p

Archived